Third Party Press

Can someone help identify this particular Kar 98 ??

My Dad bought this rifle at an estate auction of an older farmer that passed away here in Ohio. I have searched the internet looking for a picture of one like it to no prevail. Can someone answer why this particular Kar 98 has a REDFIELD rear sight, shorter stock and a ramped front sight. I know the front sight is missing the actual sighting "pin" or "ball" and I believe it is missing some type of tubular "sight hood". I could use help locating the missing front sight pieces if anyone knows what is actually missing. Markings on top the barrel ring are 1917 & 1920 ERFURT and a crown symbol. An Eagle symbol on the left side of the barrel ring, what appears to be a horses head on the barrel itself. A lion symbol on the bottom trigger assembly and two symbols under the serial number on the left side of the barrel ring. " Kar 98. " on the left side of the action. All serial numbers match and are " 4609 ". I have 26 pictures in all in 8mp quality which I can not upload to this forum due to file size, but I can send to an email if someone can help me. 20130211_050046.jpg

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back