Third Party Press

MM410 improved system

tiger_jedi

Presentation of my last found, #45625 - Mm 410 with new push button magazine, from 1931.

Gauche_zps81974b8b.jpg

MarquageMM410_zpse9e437ed.jpg

VuegaucheMM410_zps88c3f0d4.jpg

VuefaceMM410_zpsa5bca918.jpg

CrosseMM410_zps245fe275.jpg

MarquageMauserBoitier_zpsa7993613.jpg

Droiteboitier_zps530e1418.jpg

VuedroiteMM410_zpscdb8b114.jpg

Enjoy !

Tiger

Very rare!! Awsome!!!

This one knocks me out.

This model with the push button magazine release is one I have never personally laid eyes on.

Only located one in Canada in the past 30 years and could not purchase.

Think what few made were right at transition to B series and mostly for export sales.

Personally believe this action would not have been abandoned, had it not been for the development of the DSM and that the necessity and practicality of only making one version (action) on lines resulted in that. The market demand created by the biggest customer was for single shot miniature 98 action for training purposes, hence they went to the B series on sporters - that opinion only.

The final improvements to the first series are all emodied in this gun. The only thing negative about it to my observation was the extractor tip was bit fragile. (Same true of the B series).

The safety, short lift and throw of the bolt handle were much more user friendly, accommodated low scope mounting and much more practical than the B series.

This is one of my "holy grails"

You have some great guns!

Thanks for sharing that and congratulations! BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!

South Africa? Australia? Canada? Sweden?

In Europe, can't say more, i'm tracking in the same area an MS350 same type, I'm very near by...

Will post in a few hours photo's of the bolt of the Mm410, it have some intriging particularities I do not understand for the moment...

Tiger

MM410 Curious Bolt

As announced, I present you the bolt of the Mauser 410 MM purpose of this post.

I have never seen a setup like this, I still do not understand what is the mechanism on top of the bolt, which has two positions and have an influence on the firing pin spring. To compare, I'll post pictures of a MS420 bolt (# 110434) compared to the Mm410 one :

Left MS420

ComparaisonMSMM_zpsabdd8bce.jpg

Right MS420

Culassedemontee_zps813fa6b3.jpg

Left MS420

FaceavantMSMM_zpsa50a5e87.jpg

Left MS420

ComparaisonMSMMavant_zpsbde1bb89.jpg

Only Mm410
Position 1

Positioncran1_zpsfb39a5a7.jpg

Position 2

Positioncran2_zps5c11973b.jpg

Position 1

Dessuscran1_zps521c5c8c.jpg

Position 2

Dessuscran2_zpsad612174.jpg

Position 1

vuegaucheclic1_zpsb55e9f14.jpg

Position 2

vuegaucheclic2_zps402abcdb.jpg

May be a trial to solve the ejection problems, will try try to fire the rifle on sunday.

What do you think ?

Enjoy

Tiger

Yes design improvements

I "think" what you must be referring to is the plunger incorporated into the striker assembly to keep it indexed properly to the forward portion of the bolt.

Note the 30K difference in serial numbers.

Perhaps that is not what you mean?

Calling Herr Speed's attention to this will forward anything he shares.

Hummmm

I can understand it, it's logic, but why do we have 2 positions ? One position to block will do the job...

Have a closer look on pictures 7 and 8.

The serials you mentionned are not so clear : in Jon's book, the MS420 #110xxx were launched in 1930, and my Mm410 #45625 is from june 1931, certainly a separat serial range

I look forward to reading your opinions

Tiger

Conveying Herr Speed's remarks:

"This Plunger unit appears to simply affect directly the firing pin movement as bolt is opened and closed. Its function is a little like the lock plunger on a 98 bolt sleeve unit from a mechanical point only. Its a Plunger activated by contact with parts of the system as the bolt rotates ! It would appear at thiis late stage 1933/34 that the Mauser folks were trying out one last concept for this generation that would soon phase out as the B series came on line."

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I only joined after a google image search for the rifle I'd just picked up (this one) threw up very few results. Unfortunately, the one I just got hold of is missing a rear sight. Any idea where I might get replacement?
Thanks all!
P.S., are these things worth anything / worth restoring, here in Europe?
IMG_8517.JPG

Last edited:
Here is a very similar one I picked up at a local show several years ago. It has the same features as the one you describe. SN 45197.

It is set it up with a post-war German WEKU 4 scope and mounts as it was all I have been able to find that is close to being correct. (I can find scopes but no appropriate pre-war mounts for the 11mm dovetail. Still searching...)

Attachments

• IMAG00492 (2).jpg
    IMAG00492 (2).jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 33
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I only joined after a google image search for the rifle I'd just picked up (this one) threw up very few results. Unfortunately, the one I just got hold of is missing a rear sight. Any idea where I might get replacement?
Thanks all!
P.S., are these things worth anything / worth restoring, here in Europe?
View attachment 152947

PM sent

Thierry

Military Rifle Journal
Back