Third Party Press

Highly Questionable HP

Regis Rex

I didn't want my first thread to be a turd alert, but you've got to see this: Gunbroker #329099613.

This seller has more guts than a blind burglar.:facepalm:

You are probably unaware RR....no live auctions...forum rules.

Fair game after it ends though.

Just edit /delete and you will be good to go.

You can list live @ WW2WF though.

Grips look replaced other than that it looks ok. He doesn't know what he's talking about. I spoke with a few sellers at the SOS who had crazy descriptions like his. Doesn't mean they are intentionally lying but at the least wrongfully informed .

Sure looks refinished to me. But what do I know...love the SS rosewood grips though. Probably belonged to Heydrich. :googlie

KJ

Sure looks refinished to me. But what do I know...love the SS rosewood grips though. Probably belonged to Heydrich. :googlie

KJ

I did notice a red color to the frame but as far as I could tell the waa's looked ok but I have to admit I couldnt tell what number they were :( . Heck to be honest it could have be re-blued ten times .:)

You are probably unaware RR....no live auctions...forum rules.

Fair game after it ends though.

Just edit /delete and you will be good to go.

You can list live @ WW2WF though.

Sorry, I thought this forum allowed turd alerts. I didn't link anything, I just posted the auction number. I thought the members would like to see such an imaginitive description of a refinished, reblued, aftermarket grip pistol allegedly issued to the Waffen-SS

Looks re-finished..

With the correct grips it is a $1300.- $1600. Gun.

DSCN0895.jpg

pix758746388_zps2472f84c.jpg

pix196683570_zpsb2fe2239.jpg

pix524917326_zpsc0b7c619.jpg

My HP

This is the real Deal, I picked it up on GB last Dec. For $1400. I don't believe His HP has been refinished, just the Grips have been replaced. The early NAZI pistols (1940/41) were well done with a nice blued finish.
The guy is out of his mind charging that.

pix3106176321_zps03975f63.jpg

His HP

M.

Last edited:
Those purple parts and the soft edges scream reblue to me. I have one pre-war HP that is badly pitted all over the outside (looks like wet holster syndrome), but has nice blue inside and a sharp bore. The grips were badly sanded, so I bought a pair of correct grips in the same beater condition as the gun. It's not pretty, but it shoots well and I like Hi-Powers. I wouldn't pay $500 for the one in the auction. Yours looks great, Model. Mine looks like yours after it laid in a ditch for a year. Still, it's the only tangent-sight HP I have.

Those purple parts and the soft edges scream reblue to me. I have one pre-war HP that is badly pitted all over the outside (looks like wet holster syndrome), but has nice blue inside and a sharp bore. The grips were badly sanded, so I bought a pair of correct grips in the same beater condition as the gun. It's not pretty, but it shoots well and I like Hi-Powers. I wouldn't pay $500 for the one in the auction. Yours looks great, Model. Mine looks like yours after it laid in a ditch for a year. Still, it's the only tangent-sight HP I have.

Yeah you might be correct its hard to tell with indoor (flash) lighting. This is my one and only HP, I would like to pick up an Inglis HP at some time down the Road. The only HP's I care to own are the WW2 Pistols.

M.

Military Rifle Journal
Back