Third Party Press

Second Mauser .22 - No Idea on Model

Sixgun

I have yet to buy the proper book to get to educating myself. Any information on this one would be appreciated.

The action is quite interesting, its sort of a straight pull, I really like how it feels. The barrel is much heavier then my first gun. I need to deal with a bit of a rust issue on the butt plate, but other then that everything seems to be pretty good. The bore is perfect, and most of the bluing seems to be intact. I need to do a bit more cleaning on some of the nooks and crannies.

I expect this thing sat in a closet for a long long time.

Your clip fed gun is a very nice MM410B you will find threads on others here. That stock is a screamer! This gun likely made around 1939

The single shot is a very late ES340 which has the later safety and trigger and one of the few that uses the plain stamped triggerguard. Most of them had finely milled triggerguards. These were phased out in 1933 with some sold from stock on hand much later.

Both nice guns and should be marvelous shooters.

Your clip fed gun is a very nice MM410B you will find threads on others here. That stock is a screamer! This gun likely made around 1939

The single shot is a very late ES340 which has the later safety and trigger and one of the few that uses the plain stamped triggerguard. Most of them had finely milled triggerguards. These were phased out in 1933 with some sold from stock on hand much later.

Both nice guns and should be marvelous shooters.

Fantastic, thank you for the information.

I figured with the light outside I should get some better pictures of the MM410B (which I posted a lot of proof mark shots of in that first thread) while I was shooting this ES340 (thanks for the ID!).

I'm really looking forward to getting them both out to the range. Based on the triggers and action I can't imagine they are anything but perfect to shoot.

With regard to shooting them

They are not unsafe to fire with modern Hi VEL ammo but I don't recommend it.

The main reason being the sights were factory calibrated for standard velocity and a six o'clock hold at the ranges indicated on rear sight settings.

They are not unsafe to fire with modern Hi VEL ammo but I don't recommend it.

The main reason being the sights were factory calibrated for standard velocity and a six o'clock hold at the ranges indicated on rear sight settings.

That is good to know, I just planned on shooting standard velocity through them. With a gun like this I don't really plan on using it for much more then plinking on occasion.

Truth is that I don't really have any local ranges anyway, so I hardly ever get out to shoot, most of my gun hobby revolves around looking for and buying old guns that I just really really like.

Military Rifle Journal
Back