Third Party Press

nice flare gun

stabsfeldwebel2

Got this nice flare gun yesterday. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• ts 045.jpg
    ts 045.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 59
  • ts 043.jpg
    ts 043.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 57
  • ts 044.JPG
    ts 044.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 55
  • ts 049.JPG
    ts 049.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 53
  • ts 050.JPG
    ts 050.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 48
  • ts 046.JPG
    ts 046.JPG
    264.7 KB · Views: 44
  • ts 048.jpg
    ts 048.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 37
Ah, the elusive Walther Zinc police contract. Is the holster marked with WaA? Is the head of the rod marked in any way? Very nice pistol.

Ah, the elusive Walther Zinc police contract. Is the holster marked with WaA? Is the head of the rod marked in any way? Very nice pistol.

My thought also Joe! But weren't the Walther zinc pistols marked "Zink" ? I didn't mention it because I could see no markings.

rod

Hallo JoeW. The head of the rod is not marked in any way but the handle is. And it is NOT a Zinc model and there are no Z marks on it.. Its made of steel and is very heavy.

Hallo JoeW. The head of the rod is not marked in any way but the handle is. And it is NOT a Zinc model and there are no Z marks on it.. Its made of steel and is very heavy.

Zinc models are heavy too, actually as heavy as steel. Please try a magnet on the barrel or frame. Certain parts do look like they are steel: trigger guard assembly, hammer and pins. But check the barrel and frame to make sure. The color of the finish is confusing us.

Cleaning rods showing brazing without finish have always bothered me. Cleaning rods are reproduced with markings and I have one or two with raw brazing evident where the loop joins the shaft. I wonder if such work is consistent with German production. And no acceptance markings are a bother too.

Military Rifle Journal
Back