Third Party Press

The body of Panzer Ace Kurt Knispel was already found in Czech

Stana

Hi Guys
I would like to inform you that in Czech republic was already foud body of Elite panzer Ace Kurt Knispel!!
Today was exhumation of his bodie plus 11 another bodies of german soldiers
He was identified through his ID tag
Kurt Knispel was one of the famest Panzer Ace in WWI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Knispel

German authorities asked for help with identifikation of place of his grave to my friend in Moravian museum
They come to Czech in Autum 2012 with eye witness and have identified the place of grave
There was hospital on end of WWII
Knispel was heavy injured and died in that military hospital
German group for military cemeteries come yesterday to my city Brno and today they found him.
It was very secret action, they worried about stolen his ID tag
He is going to be buried on Central cemetery for German soldiers in Brno
I am going to send you pics from this action very soon. Now only from news
Enjoy it!!!
BIG touch of history!!!!!!

http://brnensky.denik.cz/z-regionu/...rob-elitniho-nemeckeho-tankisty-20130409.html
http://brnensky.denik.cz/galerie/hroby-vojaci-vrbovec-kurt-knispel.html?mm=4396987

Fatal injury via machine gun, compliments of Bing Translator:

We got a message from German Folk society for the care of war graves, with whom we cooperate, "said archaeologist Vlastimil Šildberger, uncovering the graves leads.German records and the testimony of eyewitnesses have led researchers to Vrbovce, to places where the German army at the end of the war hospital. "For the first time, we have not found the graves because they were compared to the memories of eyewitnesses rather which side of the road. But now vyzvedávám the twelfth war victim. There should be a total of 22 soldiers are buried, so we will continue to work on Wednesday. Most of the fallen has an identification mark, therefore, it is possible to detect their identity, "said archaeologist.Funerals according to him correspond to the situation in which the soldiers died. "These are the graves of the hospital ambulance. Soldiers were burying our majority in celtách, some were retained in their underwear, others in his pants. Personal items for themselves to a minimum, "described by the archaeologist.

Best tankmanA special place among the fallen has found in the military history of World War II, Kurt Knispel. "He was the biggest tank ACE of all time, has reached one hundred and osmašedesáti confirmed victories, of which forty-two as the Commander of the tank, then stošestadvaceti as a tank gunner. Officially unconfirmed, it was another twenty-seven. It was called the black Baron of World War II, "said Eva P of the Moravian Museum.Archaeologist Šildbergr said that according to available information, Knispel may not have been a Nazi. "It was rather a rebel, wearing a beard and long hair. A conflict with an officer in the SS, he is said to have prepared for a chance at a promotion, "said archaeologist.The testimony of eyewitnesses, and agree that the elite German tankman died of wounds from the fight at the end of May 1945. "It is not clear exactly where it happened, whether at the Vlasatic, or Nová Ves. Witnesses said that heavy fighting had been hit by two tanks. When Knispel, who commanded one of them, he and his men helped the crew of the second, he was wounded in the stomach by machine-gun dose. When we now vyzvedávali his remains, we found under the skull let's get some mortar shrapnel. Then succumbed to injury than what insiders were talking, "summed up the first-hand knowledge archaeologist.

Two years unsuccessfullyGerman Association for the care of war graves in search of vrboveckém burial ground for two years. "The information from our records and from eyewitnesses were a bit contradictory. We have gradually is specified, help us two eyewitnesses from Vienna. Even so, we eventually found the graves of up to on the second attempt, "said a representative of the Association find Igor Nachtigall.How to clarify just weren't looking for the remains of an elite tank shooter. "For us it is just as important for each fallen. We don't differentiate between ranks, nor war achievements. This school was in the hospital and we today vyzvedáváme soldiers who have died in it. Finding and identification of Knispela is a success especially for historians, who could clear up another bit of war history, "said Nachtigall.The Association will focus on finding and transferring the remains of the fallen on proper burial site. "It is most important to us. US troops have found, or where the returned name. If they still keep their relatives and descendants, we can tell them where the soldiers died and where are pochovaní, "said a representative of the Association.Soldiers from the Brno Vrbovce cemetery buried during this year.Author: Martin Moštěk

I am going to take part by exhumation of next bodies there on Wednesday and put on forum some pics
It is big story in Czech republic now
of course some coments in news are against to glory of German soldiers
but from my point of view it is amazing story
and RIP to all soldiers of all Wars!
Stan

Next info

Hi Guys,
I have new information for you:
There were found 22 bodies!!
On pics you can see team from our Museum and on one pics you can see bones of Kurt Knispel
One very important thing was discovered:
We had information that Knispel were injured during helping to his Friend from another tank (Felwebel Skoda)
He was hit to stomach by machine gun. BUT we found in his skull fraction from grenade and rest of bandage
Maybe new fact about his death.
Now all bodies are going to anthropology institute.
After that all bodies are going buried on War Germany cemetery in Brno
I am going to inform you in next days
Now only couple pics more
Knispels tag is amazing!!
To jhv41: Thank you for link :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 455404.jpg
    455404.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 284
  • 455466.jpg
    455466.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 455468.jpg
    455468.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 265
  • 455618.jpg
    455618.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 455620.jpg
    455620.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG-20130410-00002.jpg
    IMG-20130410-00002.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG-20130410-00004.jpg
    IMG-20130410-00004.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 235
That is awesome. Very glad to see these men getting the proper burial they deserve. Too many are found by looters with no respect for the dead.

Thank you all who contributed to this story, regardless ones personal point of view. The preservation of history and the honor of those that participated is what makes it an important legacy for future generations😊 it's all about preserving and learning from the past that makes a difference!

Kurt Knispel Update?

Hi all,

I consider myself a bit of a history geek, but sadly had never heard of Kurt Knispel before the last month or so...

I notice that most of the information that came out about him was around the April 2013 time-frame but nothing since then. Has there been any further information released about the find of his remains (or about his final days)?

Cheers,

Bottom line, it doesn't pay to fu*k with the Russians.

Attachments

• dead-german-soldier-france-1944-second-world-war-ww2-two-amazing.jpg
    dead-german-soldier-france-1944-second-world-war-ww2-two-amazing.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 222
Basile, that's an interesting pic. As a helmet collector I find it particularly so. Note the wire strands wrapped on it for camouflage.

Military Rifle Journal
Back