Third Party Press

1937 Luft Bayo Frog

gergnotwen

Rest In Peace
First, I am not a bayo collector but I tend to gravitate to odd accessories now and again. I picked this up recently and had a chance to take a close look and wanted some opinions on the markings. Made in Dresden and marked with what I assume is a Luft depot mark with an "(S)" for Stuttgart? There is a faint secondary marking, possibly a unit marking? Looks like a "4P" or "1P" with some numbers to the right of these. I ran out of daylight so I may be able take better photos out in the sun. Any ideas or comments on this one? I would appreciate any info you bayo collectors might have! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 46
Nice Luftwaffe frog. This is a very nice brown leather version identified in Anthony Carter's Bayonet Belt Frogs reference as a model AC308. The brown color is indicative of Luftwaffe usage. The LBA(S) marking indicates "Luftwaffe Bekleidungs Amt" or Luftwaffe Clothing/Equipment Office. The (S) stands for the location which is Stuttgart. There was also a LBA office in Berlin which which will bear a (B) stamped designation. I am unsure of the meaning of the largely illegible 1.P stamping which is probably a unit designation. The maker's stamping is for the firm of Gebruder Klinge in Dresden-Lobtau who later used the three letter code gxy. A bit unusual to see the maker's stamping that low on the back of the frog behind the lower portion of the pouch. My thoughts only .....

Can't see the markings well enough, besides the manufacturer markings, but this maker made slings too.

luft frog

Nice Luftwaffe frog LBA marked for clothing Depot S Stutgart according to reading I have done on them. As already stated above numbers could be unit. timothy

Military Rifle Journal
Back