Third Party Press

KKW Questions, where do I start?

drummerguy1275

Which is rarer?a Gustloff kkw or a Mauser KKW? Where is a good place to source a Mauser KKW as i have a nice Gustloff one already.Love these rifles.

Other Questions will be in a book

drummerguy1275,

I want to tell you that there is a book in the works to answer your training rifle questions.

What other KKW questions do you have?
Check the sticky with 'BSW & Gustloff' in the title. You will get lots on info in there for sure.

-Nicole

Thanks for the info everyone, all i have at the moment is Jon Speeds book. Im findign these trainers seems to be a good investment as well. My KKW is in very fine condition bar a few nicks on the wood and a missing cleaning rod :( overall about a 8 out of ten id say.Everything is prsitine.Id psot a photo but im not sure how to yet,still trying to work out how to use the website properly.

Nice Gustloff KKW on Gunbroker

Nice KKW Gustloff on gunbroker at the moment,i think they want 2800 for it. Gee these things are worth a bit!

kkw

THat rifle is waaaayyyy overpriced... I think the BSW and Walther are the hardest ones to find. I use to think mauser was till they started coming out of the woodwork.. Just from my observations and what ive seen for sale over the years Id say bsw,walther,mauser,then gustloff.. then there are sub-variants and certain markings ect.. Bruce had a very nice mauser kkw for sale not sure if he still has it though.

prices

Ahh ok , A mauser example would be nice, not getting my hopes up on the rarer ones i guess its just pot luck if they turn up out of the woodwork.here In Australia we mainly get WW1 rifles of all sorts,German ww2 is a lot less common ,hence These 22 trainers over here can fetch a lot of money more than the USA.I did think 2800 was a bit over priced,how much is a good Gustloff worth in your country? Id liek 2 buy another 2 once i get my tax return back hehe. Ive attached a photo of my Gustloff KKW, Im very happy with it and a big thanks to the gentleman that helped me find it.

Attachments

• KKW0007.jpg
    KKW0007.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 37
there were about 4 gustloffs on gunbroker for under a grand and none sold.. Im not sure if you know Lewis or not but he;s an aussie and he's imported many from the usa. I sent him two I think.
He might be a source for you. He was very active here for years. I havent seen much of him lately.

Yes i know lewis,ive bought a few off him before,and others,ive decided to freelance and import my own now ,its a learning curve but thats half the fun. Lewis is a great guy,certainly knows his stuff when it comes to firearms, he taught me a lot thats for sure. a Nice G33/40 and a few more trainers is what im aiming for in the next year .

Found a mauser kkw on gunbroker,for anyone thats interested the item number is 339295405 its a nice piece,had a refinish done to the stock and sling swivel holes put in underneath which would detract from the value :( but has very nice markings and is matching.Im thinking it would be fairly rare to find a kkw with waffenamfs?

Found a mauser kkw on gunbroker,for anyone thats interested the item number is 339295405 its a nice piece,had a refinish done to the stock and sling swivel holes put in underneath which would detract from the value :( but has very nice markings and is matching.Im thinking it would be fairly rare to find a kkw with waffenamfs?

The Mauser KKW is quite uncommon to find and this one even with condition issues is probably not a bad buy. I believe the seller has confused commercial proofs with the acceptance waffenampt. The mark on the top is the steel mark used for the barrel manufacture usually found on the bottom/underside.

Ahh ok,the markings on the rifle do look like Waffenampt ie german eagle/swtstica as opposed to the eagle n markings.hehe confusing.So that wierd marking on the top of the barrel should really be on the underside?interesting.

matching numbers for a Gustloff KKW?

Are the serial numbers on the rear sight and on the barrel supposed to match on early Gustloff kkw's?my bolt is unnumbered though which i believe is correct.

Military Rifle Journal
Back