Third Party Press

Odd gas cylinder marking

WaA623

Can anyone please tell me what the .05 marking is and any comments on the serial numbering would be much appreciated. This is on an "a" block bcd. Sorry about the quality of the pictures.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• g43bcd44-33.JPG
    g43bcd44-33.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 25
  • g43bcd44-27.JPG
    g43bcd44-27.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 30
  • g43bcd44-28.JPG
    g43bcd44-28.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 33
  • g43bcd44-26.JPG
    g43bcd44-26.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 27
Have heard of this before, just can't remember the details. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.:biggrin1:

I would think it is some type of tolerance for the gas cylinder fitting, but which one? Kind of like the bore diameter marking on a barrel.

Maybe others will have some to compare with.

Thanks Brian,
Well while were on the subject of odd markings....... any thoughts on what I found when I took the buttplate off ???????

Attachments

• g43bcd44-39.JPG
    g43bcd44-39.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 20
  • g43bcd44-37.JPG
    g43bcd44-37.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 22
  • g43bcd44-38.JPG
    g43bcd44-38.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 17
Just checked my "b" block BCD and there are no markings under the buttplate on this one. The gas cylinder is the early type like yours, but it just has the four digit serial with the block number on it. Interesting variation you have there!

These bcd rifles seem to have no set pattern on what parts and markings on them. Since the bcd G43 was basically assembled at Buchenwald, God only knows what processes they used or did not use to complete the rifle. I am sure politics get involved with the acquisition of parts and materials too, who really knows here.

Then, we have the rumor of suspected sabotage of the rifles and their subsequent return for repair (not sure if this is fact or just rumor...correct me if need be here), which can introduce an endless possibility for variations in these, with no way of knowing when the parts were added to the rifle. This is one of the reasons that makes these bcd G43 rifles unique.

Thank you

Thanks all for the input. I had never seen stock numbering like this before and had some doubts of its authenticity. same goes for the cylinder and the sloppy electro job.

Military Rifle Journal
Back