PDA

View Full Version : Question on Oigee scope

Bossman
07-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Saw a scope for sale recently and wanted some help ID'ing it. Was marked "Gnom 4X"
"OIGEE" "BERLIN" serial "130454" When was this manufactured, pre or post war ? Had weaver style tip off mounts on it. Scope is clear and appears to work correctly. Value ?

Thanks in advance for your assistance..

Dave Roberts
07-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Saw a scope for sale recently and wanted some help ID'ing it. Was marked "Gnom 4X"
"OIGEE" "BERLIN" serial "130454" When was this manufactured, pre or post war ? Had weaver style tip off mounts on it. Scope is clear and appears to work correctly. Value ?

I am pretty sure it`s Pre War . I would ask Vaughn99 hes a Member and could give You a positive answer I think and Price Quote also . Best Regards Dave

Demoklaus
01-21-2017, 08:43 AM

Hi Bossman.

I also saw such a scope. and wanted to know the same thing as you. Is it pre or post war? And was it used in WW2? If yes on wich mounting?

Greetings

Mikegermany
01-21-2017, 12:33 PM
The OIGEE Gnom 4x ( take a look at my website : http://www.jagdwaffensammler.de/zielfernrohre/zielfernrohr-hersteller/oigee-zielfernrohre.html#c82 , the scope in the middle) is an prewar scope, manufactured in the mid 1920s till mid 1930s.
As far as i know it saw no military use.

vaughn99
01-25-2017, 11:07 PM
Hello,

that Oigee serial is POST WWI and PRE WWII with a date of roughly 1932/33. they run about 150-200 when found the only down side the Gnom (small bore rifle scope) is a 22mm scope tube so nothing is out there to make a sniper mock of it as most sniper were 26/26.5/27mm tubes.

later
vaughn