Third Party Press

Hermann Weihrauch DSM34

Shootin Shack Guns

I was curious about the Weihrauch DSMs. In Jon Speed's book it said that only 4 examples had been reported. Since the book was written has there been many more example found/reported? If so does anyone know the current values? thank you

I have one not reported in Speed; it is RFSS marked and the marking is original.

I can confirm the second one so marked and I think they are 5 or 6 didgits apart. As far a Weihrauch dsm's are concerned they are fairly scarce. I have been lucky enough to own two and found the third that was ss marked.. There are other makers that are far more scarce though.

I can confirm the second one so marked and I think they are 5 or 6 didgits apart. As far a Weihrauch dsm's are concerned they are fairly scarce. I have been lucky enough to own two and found the third that was ss marked.. There are other makers that are far more scarce though.

Planning to do West Springfield in June? If so, drag yours out and I'll drag mine. There may be a small SS exhibit at the show.
FWIW Speed couldn't find any with organisational markings...

when is the show ? Its not in my possesion. But, it would be great to see them both together. Im sure they were side by side 70+ years ago. The june show has been a bust and I kinda gave up going...

Does anyone have a ball park value these are going for?

I paid 600.00 for one and 2300.00 for the other.. they were both complete rifles. one was flat new. Not saying you wont stumble on one for less. At auction they would bring a premium. A sporterized version would sell for 4-5 hundred. They only numbered their stocks with pencil but they are numbered.

of note. Bob s. has almost ten examples. all his have un-numbered bolts. I have one that has a legit numbered bolt. So weather or not they have numbered bolts is up for debate. As said before by mauser22 is the HZW rifles were absorbed into the group built Greenheart dsm's. As the missing link rifle I found confirms this 100%.

Well that's sorta what I "said"

"As said before by mauser22 is the HZW rifles were absorbed into the group built Greenheart dsm's. As the missing link rifle I found confirms this 100%."

Here is what I said

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?8311-Waffengenossenschaft-Thuringen-(Green-Heart-DSM)

To clarify what I "believe"

Is this is evidence that Weihrauch was involved with the Greenheart at some point along with other firms in Zella Mehlis.

One of the things I will be looking for on the upcoming research trip.

GOOD COLLECTING!

Military Rifle Journal
Back