Third Party Press

Erfurt KAR.98

Hesh

1916 Erfurt KAR.98a

Hi All my first post here so please, bear with me.

A friend has an original and completely unmodified 1916 Erfurt Carbine. I have been reading here that these are rare, this hasnt been touched or modified and has a very clean and shiny bore. It even has the stacking hook and one of the nicest figured stocks with striping from the butt to the top barrel band.

The metal shows signs of wear consistent with its age, so too the wood work with slight marks and scratches (dings). I may have a chance to purchase this, I have shot it at 50-100 meters with factory (Federal) soft points and it is very accurate indeed, more so than my Steyr BNZ 44. My question is what are they worth in an open market??

I cannot over emphasize the condition of the bore, it is spotless, pictures to follow soon.

Last edited:
I almost forgot the most important piece of information, all matching serial numbers, from the bolt (non blued and correct handle) to all of the fittings. They all share the common serial numbers or last digits where appropriate. The stock is non grooved as well and appears to be matched, ie walnut.

Hi from Auckland,

It looks like a nice untouched original rifle. It NZ I would think it would sell for +/- $1500. They seem to sell for slightly less than an equivalent condition Gew98 for some strange reason.

Thanks for the reply 308Nutt, I was interested in an approximate price so I can offer him a reasonable amount for it!! I have been looking and lurking here for over 6 months, I am very interested in the history of the rifle and how it came to be here in Australia.

Military Rifle Journal
Back