Third Party Press

RF SS DSM34 Value?

swammie

What is the present value of an RF SS marked DSM34 in about 98% original condition? I've never seen one sell, so I don't have a clue.

What is the present value of an RF SS marked DSM34 in about 98% original condition? I've never seen one sell, so I don't have a clue.

I had one in like condition that I sold for $425.00. Oh, wait! That was in 1978.
Seriously, pay whatever it takes to buy it. You'll enjoy it long after the pain of parting with the money has passed.
I am a firm believer in the old adage - "I didn't pay too much, I just bought it too soon". My uneducated guess would be in the $2.5k - $3k range.

I have been lucky enough to own four or five at this point. I have sold them privately in the 2k range.. I have seen them sell for more publicly. Mauser is the most common and HZW the least common. Menz and geco's I think have also been reported. HZW and menz also provided scope mounts and small caliber pistols to the ss so the trainer collection makes sense. Mauser rifles show up I think cause of the sheer volume of dsm34's they made. These were probably purchased privately anyway with no factory preference.

Military Rifle Journal
Back