Third Party Press

Going Back to Normandy....

Bigdibbs88

"Ach du lieber!"
Im heading back to Normandy in mid-June..... if anyone has a relative or any equipment I.D.ed to someone buried there I'd be happy to find the grave and take photos for you.

While you are in London

Make sure you visit the Imperial War Museum and HMS Belfast and other WW2 historical sites.
While at the IWM be sure to see Rudolf Hess' aircraft and T E Lawrence's (Lawrence of Arabia) motorcycle on which he was riding when killed. The Tower of London is also a must see.

Last edited:
Salut,

John Lawson is correct . There are great things to see in London and the IWM is one of them. Unfortunatly I think T. E. Lawrence's bike has been removed and is not on display any more ...

Make sure you visit the Imperial War Museum and HMS Belfast and other WW2 historical sites.
While at the IWM be sure to see Rudolf Hess' aircraft and T E Lawrence's (Lawrence of Arabia) motorcycle on which he was riding when killed. The Tower of London is also a must see.

John- I've been to the IWM and I agree it's a fantastic museum....maybe one of my favorites. I tried to go for a second time last sept and basically everything was shut down for remodeling. Now the museum is totally closed for renovation. Poor timing!!

This is also worth a visit:

http://www.nam.ac.uk/

The National Army Museum in Chelsea (London) is way less known as the IWM but it has some beautiful and interesting items on display, the skeleton of Napoleon's horse Marengo for example but also the bloodstained glove of capt Wildman from the battle of Waterloo,....etc.

P

BD, have a safe trip ! If you can get to Saurmur France they have one of the best armor musems in the world, they town and gereral are is great too and the people were incredably nice.

Here are some pics i took there; http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?236195-Panzers-!

that looks like a great museum! I remember when you posted those pics. I would love to see it but unfortunately after Normandy we are headed due east past Paris to go to Reims, then the Somme.

If im ever headed south though I would like to see the museum you posted and also go to Oradour-sur-Glane (the city that is still destroyed).

Military Rifle Journal
Back