Third Party Press

13 MM T-Gewehr Anti Tank Rifle

Volks

Hi,
I have an 13mm T-Gewehr mauser, the old owner has put a 50 BMD barrel on due to it's easier to find 50 BMD brass than it is 13mm and projectiles. personally I would have left it.
saying this it is a beautiful old looking rifle.

can anyone direct me in finding front and rear sights! I want to bring this back to a 13mm barrel too.
Dose anyone know if the k98 front / rear sights are the same for the T-Gewehr, looking at my ''MAUSER MILITARY RIFLES OR THE WORLD BOOK''
It look's like the the bottom of the rear sight has a slightly thicker bottom, but I may be wrong.

volks

I would suspect that finding original sights may be quite a challenge as these rifles are rather uncommon. Parts and accessories seem to be even more difficult to locate (al least in my limited experience). As far as the original sights, attached are some pics of mine that may be of some value as far as your questions.

Attachments

• MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 47
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 62
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 44
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 46
  • MVC-005S 8.32.05 AM.JPG
    MVC-005S 8.32.05 AM.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 39
  • MVC-013S 2.JPG
    MVC-013S 2.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 57
  • MVC-015S 2.JPG
    MVC-015S 2.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 58
  • MVC-016S 2.JPG
    MVC-016S 2.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 48
  • MVC-012S 2.JPG
    MVC-012S 2.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 55
  • MVC-014S 2.JPG
    MVC-014S 2.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 55
A couple of additional pics attached below. I apologize for the quality. As you know these weapons are large and cumbersome and it can be rather difficult to wrestle one into position for photographs!

Note also the partial serial number stampings to both the front and rear sights.

Attachments

• MVC-017S 2.JPG
    MVC-017S 2.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 53
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 55
re 13 mm

Thanks Slash,
You have been so much help, I thank you for the photos you have supplied. I don't Know why people mess around with historical artifacts just like this one, thinking they are making it even better! which their NOT, also be so careless with the rifles accessory's when storing...IDIOTS I say.

Ill have to keep looking but your right its going to be a challenge cause the front site band would have to fit a 13 mm barrel and the rear is different to a K98 unit.
You have a very nice system :)

volks

Another reason for the .50 conversions is that prior to ATF removal from the NFA list the T-Gews were NFA weapons by virtue of being over .50 in 13,2.

You best bet might be to get good pics and dimensions then find a talented machinest.

Of course that most likely wont be cheap,but as was said finding parts wont be cheap ,nor easy ,either.

You rarely see an entire gun for sale ,much less parts.

The only part I have ever seen for sale was a bolt (and it was astronomically expensive),and the only gun i have seen for sale was missing a bolt and it to was very expensive also..

Good luck.

Military Rifle Journal
Back