Third Party Press

1944 ammo pouch J. de Valk Amsterdam

Amberg

Hello,
the attached photos show a rare variation late war ammo pouch.
Maker: J. de Valk A'dam (for: Amsterdam)
Please note the sections being seperated with rivets.
Wolfgang

Attachments

• IMG_5287_.jpg
    IMG_5287_.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5284_.jpg
    IMG_5284_.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5286_.jpg
    IMG_5286_.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5288_.jpg
    IMG_5288_.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 64
Excellent late pattern ammunition pouch and the maker is very scarce as well. Have seen a few (very few) bayonet frogs by J. de Valk A'dam but none dated as late as 1944. Thanks for sharing ....

Hello,
Wolfgang

I have recently come across a similar pouch. Is there a location that shows the different variations?

I have to check mine but it is identical to yours minus of course makers mark verification which I need to do. I cannot seem to locate others such as these....

I have recently come across a similar pouch. Is there a location that shows the different variations? I have to check mine but it is identical to yours minus of course makers mark verification which I need to do. I cannot seem to locate others such as these....

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will post photos of your pouch also. There is not a great deal of information available for this maker however the site hot linked below may be of some value:

http://www.stinch.com/militaria/k98_pouches.shtml

Hope this helps ......

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will post photos of your pouch also. There is not a great deal of information available for this maker however the site hot linked below may be of some value:

http://www.stinch.com/militaria/k98_pouches.shtml

Hope this helps ......

Thank you I am excited to be here. Please see pictures attached.

The make looks like Otto Koberste or something to that effect.. I cannot make out the year.

Attachments

• IMG_5811.jpg
    IMG_5811.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5812.jpg
    IMG_5812.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5813.jpg
    IMG_5813.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 33
Thanks. I am actually contemplating having my pouch restitched as it is separating from the back alot (Almost two pieces) however not knowing the value of this item is tough for me to justify doing this work.

I normally will have luger holsters repaired if needed etc but they can range from $400 to $700. That being said does anyone know if this is just another $35 k98 pouch or if its worth the repair? Repair should cost me around $60 from Jerry Burney.

Please let me know as I am totally new to K98 ammo pouch collecting and have no idea.

Thansk!

Makers Mark

Thanks for posting the pics.

Maker is Otto Koberstein. The marking is: OTTO KOBERSTEIN > LANDSBERG a.W. > date - arranged in three lines. The firm also made bayonet frogs for the S84/98.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Maker is Otto Koberstein. The marking is: OTTO KOBERSTEIN > LANDSBERG a.W. > date - arranged in three lines. The firm also made bayonet frogs for the S84/98.[/QUO

Does anyone know what the value is of this late war pouch? My dilemma is do I spend the money to have it restitched or is not worth it.

Thanks

Hello,
Wolfgang

Amberg, do you happen to have a picture of the dividers inside the pouch?
I was offered a J. de Valk pouch from '42 and the dividers are mounted differently:

dividers.JPG

I also found a '44 dated pouch that looks completely different than yours. (complely stitched without rivets)
It's easy to find repro stuff with a "J. de Valk" stamp lately (like chinstraps and such) but good reference material of original items from this Dutch hersteller are hard to find on the WWW.
Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the late reply.

Have two identical 1944 dated J. de Valk made ammo pouches.
Attached some more shots. Hope this helps.
Thanks
Wolfgang

Attachments

• IMG_3847.jpg
    IMG_3847.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3848.JPG
    IMG_3848.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3849.jpg
    IMG_3849.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 8