Third Party Press

Scope Adjustments

Good Day
I have a BCD4 LSR sniper I put together the other year. I'll be taking it out and trying it at longer ranges this summer. The DOW centre adjust scope is one without graduations.
Does anyone know how much each click of elevation is worth on a DOW scope. I think it may be 2cm per 100m but I'm not sure.

Sua Tela Tonanti
Ordnancebob

Hello. I do not understand what do you mean by one "click" in this type of scope. I am from Czech Republic. Those DOW scopes are from Optikotechna and here is lot of them (not the DOW marked, but the other types of brands of the same type of scope). I saw som pre-WWII marked as "Srb a Stys", some later marked "Optikotechna" and afterwar "Meopta". None did "click". There is just know with calks on it´s circuit. If you mean by "click" one calk, I think the result should be less than a 2 cm at 100 meters. Perhaps, 3 calks?

P1010276_E.jpg
Good Day
I have a BCD4 LSR sniper I put together the other year. I'll be taking it out and trying it at longer ranges this summer. The DOW centre adjust scope is one without graduations.
Does anyone know how much each click of elevation is worth on a DOW scope. I think it may be 2cm per 100m but I'm not sure.

Sua Tela Tonanti
Ordnancebob

Here's some pics
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Ordnancebob/Collection/P1010272_E.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Ordnancebob/Collection/P1010276_E.jpg

Last edited:
Oh... sorry. You mean this one with centre ring. I have no experiences with this one. One of my friends bought it two years ago, but he still did not finished his sniper K98 project, so I cann´t help you.

in ordnance school did they mention that using a collimator (one with graduated scales) would allow you to work out the correct answer in about 2 minutes or less?

and without having to fire a shot

if the collimator grads are in inches you can do the math to convert to metric with a pocket calculator

the collimator method will also negate any effect of manufacturing variables in the scope

_________
Good Day

Sua Tela Tonanti
Ordnancebob

in ordnance school did they mention that using a collimator (one with graduated scales) would allow you to work out the correct answer in about 2 minutes or less?

and without having to fire a shot

if the collimator grads are in inches you can do the math to convert to metric with a pocket calculator

the collimator method will also negate any effect of manufacturing variables in the scope

_________

Unfortunately I do not have a collimator, I have a laser boresighter . But yes a collimator will work. I guess I'll have to make a educated guess and count clicks.

Sua Tela Tonanti
Ordnancebob

Military Rifle Journal
Back