Third Party Press

new to this forum

shortfal

Found this site after GK43 seems to have disappeared. I'm looking for a transferable MP44. (reasonably priced. condition not important) dewat? botched rewat? bad barrel? problem gun?
Have built semis and a post sample from parts. Made and sold some rear rec. repair pieces. Used some on my builds.
Tooled up for Sturmgewehr work. Might make a trunion to see how it'd work out. Block of 4140 pre hardened only bored thru so far.
Pete in St. Louis 07/C2 Sturmgewehr addicted

Welcome!

Nice to have you aboard, yes the old G/K43 Forum seems to have dried up and blown away over a week ago. A lot of good info and photos are gone, too bad there was some great reference stuff there. Always nice to have newcomers to add to the G/K43 and the Machine Gun sections!

Greg

I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did! Many of the old G/K43 forum guys are spread around, and most of the folks that participated there are on this forum, gunboards, and ww2weaponsforum .

As Farb said. The only thing that surprises me is that G/K lasted as long as it did with that bunch :googlie

Welcome Shortfal. I see dewat MP/Stg.s turn up. Had one offered to me about 3 mos back but it sold.

new to the site

Good to have found this site, thanks guys.
I know nothing about how a site like this or GK43 works. Is there a monthly fee paid somewhere by whoever owns the site? I'd think if there were issues with a site staying or going there would be some warning or opportunity to do whatever to keep it going. ????
Pete

IMHO GK failed due to poor policies and management. I was a "super moderator" there and the first to quit in disgust, along with Farb here and others. What was ironic is that I was smeared for it by a few other hypocritical mods without sufficient sense to recognize what was going on who stayed ( only for awhile ) , then quit themselves to form "WW2 Weapons".

A site is cheap to run (particularly with free mod labor) and I'm embarrassed that I was grifted into donating money to GK which was exploiting us to make money, not serve the hobby. It failed because it became a cyber wasteland, not because it was expensive to run. I'm sure those like "Bodes" will miss it. If so I'll open an "Ex-GKer Forum" for him here in Infernus where he can whine, jabber and flap around. :googlie. To "keep it going" would have required giving it to others to own and operate and even then it was too late as you "can't shove the sh!t back in the donkey."

Last edited:
information/photos gone?

Thanks Hambone. So whoever was in charge just let it lapse by not paying whoever one pays to keep a site up? What happens to all the info. that was there?
Wouldn't it be on a disc somewhere? Obviously I know little of how all this works!
Pete

dewat or whatever??

As Farb said. The only thing that surprises me is that G/K lasted as long as it did with that bunch :googlie

Welcome Shortfal. I see dewat MP/Stg.s turn up. Had one offered to me about 3 mos back but it sold.

A dewat or one needing major repair would be right up my alley. Thing is though, one would still be high dollar.
That's OK as I seem to need one.
Pete

I will miss the coverage of the PTR44 and SMG42 (MP44/FG42 clones) unfortunately that seemed to be the only place owners of those Rifles came together to communicate. All that information is now gone, too bad.:facepalm:

I guess the good news is everything else is covered here.

M.

The appropriate and courteous thing to do would have to put everyone on notice 30 days in advance that the site was shutting down, and for everyone to save whatever information they needed. Even better, have a mirror site open for the info only. It costs next to nothing. I quit them because of this mentality, which IMHO, had little real concern with the collectors contributing.

gone?

Hopefully many of those guys will find their way here. There was often a lot of talk about the PTR44's and the Texas FG42's as well as live Sturmgewehrs.
Way too much stuff to just be GONE!
Pete

It's a terrible loss, all that PTR44 stuff. I have one and kept up there with them. Also the info on other MG's was really good...it may be that the database is still somewhere and could be restored, but that would require interest by the owner in saving the info. Long ago the owners tried to monetize the site, similar to gunboards, but veered off track when they started treating the mods as employees. I got booted after complaining about the wierd emails they sent out about superbowl betting and obama the usurper. I simply asked that it not be sent to me and BAM - banned.

Military Rifle Journal
Back