Third Party Press

Vg1-5

I'm not an expert, but due to the 14" barrel isn't this a class 2 NFA Weapon even if it is semi only?
And what was the difference between the semi only and select fire versions?

I bet the Russians captured a Ton of these in 45, an amazing weapon seeing they only had less than one year to bring this thing to production under very adverse conditions.

M.

I can't answer the question either, as I do not follow end prices usually, but reportedly one sold by Amoskeag in 2004 went for $14k and most seem to sell in that range, - or at least the value is estimated in that range by collectors and auction houses over the years I collected data on these. The Stern example was listed with an estimated value of $12-15k in 2008.

Seems this seller is taking the impact of "quantitative easing" very seriously...

The Amoskeag one went for $15K plus 15% with no floor bids - I was there. About 4 yrs ago there was one at the SOS priced at something like $17(?); it had an ATF registration number applied. Unclear if it had been officially "unregistered" or not; don't know if it sold.

They have the realized prices for one auction but I don't know what the lot number was. It's in the November auction and its in a mail home box.

I handled one in the collection of King Abdullah II of Jordan. It was pretty interesting. They are out there and not $40k, as noted. Though the subject one is very nice.

There was one at a show in central Missouri a year or two ago. The guy walked it around for a time on two. Then left it on a dealer friend of mine. I got a good look at it then. He priced it at $17,000. It didn't sell most dealers weren't sure about the short barrel. Some said it was legal but most weren't sure enough to risk $17,000. The two G/K43s he had sold for $2500 to a dealer.

Military Rifle Journal
Back