Third Party Press

K43 qve45

Caesar1

I took a chance on this one, the seller didn't have many pics/info but it turned out nice. It came encrusted in varnish on the stock/metal. Here are some before/afters (click on pics to enlarge)

IMG_2149_zps4998c98d.jpg
IMG_2148_zps8adc3f42.jpg
IMG_2153_zps2243d351.jpg
IMG_2155_zps41ee9ac1.jpg
IMG_2146_zps67458aa7.jpg
pix599678193_zpse9ffc941.jpg
IMG_2154_zpsf6bf3b16.jpg

Someday I'm going to be an expert on these as I really like 'em. This one looks really nice.
I'm wondering if the "varnish" wasn't original to the rifle. Meaning, was it "factory applied"? Some were with that color as some of the stocks were stained. Hopefully you didn't take off something that was original. But, even if you did, it's still a really nice K.43. Does it have the buttstock stuff in it?

Nice!

Hey, great job and nice to see! Interesting "h" stamped in the sling slot, the typical type used by BLM for the letter block markings. If the rifle is truly and "h" block it could be a very late gun. Check it out and let us G/K43 types know!

Hey, great job and nice to see! Interesting "h" stamped in the sling slot, the typical type used by BLM for the letter block markings. If the rifle is truly and "h" block it could be a very late gun. Check it out and let us G/K43 types know!

I dont see any letters after the serial

I had asked Roman on the Parallax Bill's forum who knows a lot about wood, he said to use "klean strip spray" on the wood and metal. I was a little apprehensive because it is a harsh chemical but he said it would not harm the original finish on the surfaces and it didn't. I just broke the rifle down, put the klean strip on for a few minutes on each part (make sure to wear protective gloves and goggles because it will burn you) and wiped it with bronze wool and a rag. After, I used a little howards on the stock and Ballistol on the metal.

Military Rifle Journal
Back