Third Party Press

Big Sandy Fall 2013 German 7,9 Night Shoot ammo

haak48

Building and belting German 7,9 tracer for the fall 2013 Big Sandy MG night shoot. The bullets are USGI M25 .30 cal. bullets that have been modified to .323" and have had the igniter changed to the Polte bright ignition mix used in German 7,9 WW2 L'spur. Trace is about 500 yards green, then changing to red to 1000+ yards. I belt it in standard gurt 34 belts and use them in my German belt feds as well as my Vickers, which has a modified feed block to work with the German belts. Some of you guys should try to make it! JH

Attachments

• 2013 Big Sandy 7,9 TR 001.jpg
    2013 Big Sandy 7,9 TR 001.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0167.jpg
    DSC_0167.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 98

Building and belting German 7,9 tracer for the fall 2013 Big Sandy MG night shoot. The bullets are USGI M25 .30 cal. bullets that have been modified to .323" and have had the igniter changed to the Polte bright ignition mix used in German 7,9 WW2 L'spur. Trace is about 500 yards green, then changing to red to 1000+ yards. I belt it in standard gurt 34 belts and use them in my German belt feds as well as my Vickers, which has a modified feed block to work with the German belts. Some of you guys should try to make it! JH
Looking good Haak48,trying to be there next year(Save some ammo for me)

Long Drive

such a long drive.......

Fly to Phoenix, rent car, drive to shoot, shoot my guns, drive back to Phoenix, fly home. Not as much fun as your own guns but it beats a few thousand miles on the road and waiting for form 5320's to clear. JH

You will have a great time bjarne, plenty of ammo left. JH

I start saving up now:thumbsup:,then i can visit you next year and mayby you can introduce me to that big sandy event,always been a HUGE dream of mine!
Heaven on earth:happy0180:
Ps can i bring my wife and my two kids along?

I start saving up now:thumbsup:,then i can visit you next year and mayby you can introduce me to that big sandy event,always been a HUGE dream of mine!
Heaven on earth:happy0180:
Ps can i bring my wife and my two kids along?
Lots of women and kids are at the shoot as both spectators & shooters. I think the minimum age is 12 years to attend though. I will check. JH

Jim, I had toyed with the idea of making it this year, particularly after your fantastic 'sales pitch' when we visited, be assured that despite not getting there this year, I will be back!
Stay well mate,
Pete.

Jim, I had toyed with the idea of making it this year, particularly after your fantastic 'sales pitch' when we visited, be assured that despite not getting there this year, I will be back!
Stay well mate,
Pete.

Hello Pete,
Glad to hear you are fully mended and ready to shoot. Hope you and the family can make it back to Arizona soon. I still have the T-shirts; have to get them mailed one of these days. All the best, JH

What are the dates for this year's activities?

Hi Rhett! October 25,26, & 27. Admission is $25 for a three day pass but I don't know if that includes the Gun Show pass or not. It would be great to see you there, lots of camping spots. Food vendors are there as well. JH

Military Rifle Journal
Back