Third Party Press

MP-40 Magazine Pouch Set, Pics

tsmgguy

From the collection. The color looks almost tan in the photos on my screen, but is actually a gray-green field gray. No markings or stamps that I can find.

Yes, they're repros, but are the best I've ever seen. Look at the detail, correct right down to period materials. The pre-punched leather fittings are attached with the proper hand stitching using linen cord and thread. They even smell old. The only is problem with them is that they're far better made than the originals, obviously so.

These came out of the Czech Republic about ten years ago. The seller had made up a small number of them but then didn't sell any more because they were just too expensive to make. They couldn't compete against the more cheaply made repro items on the market.

I bought a wooden late war pattern repro Zf-4 scope box from the same seller. It's incredible. It'll be the subject of a future post.

Last edited:
These came out of the Czech Republic about ten years ago. The seller had made up a small number of them but then didn't sell any more because they were just too expensive to make. They couldn't compete against the more cheaply made repros.

Thank you for posting those TSMG! There have been excellent copies of field gear items coming from the Czech Rep. That's a high quality repro set. Those turn up worn and aged, some no doubt from reenactor use, and sold as originals.

Military Rifle Journal
Back