Third Party Press

Minty commercial 44 Walther PP

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Trying out some my new setup for pics, pistols are easy to photograph so...I picked this up years ago, just about as nice as you will ever find one of these. This one has the red bakelite grips that looks so good on these, no military acceptance. Came with the pictured holster and a spare magazine with original WW2 ammo- but, it's a PPK mag! The holster has no markings but has a name scratched inside, too faint to make it out though (except for Capt.). Enjoy!

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 63
  • gripstrap.jpg
    gripstrap.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 63
  • lside.jpg
    lside.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 70
  • rside.jpg
    rside.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 58
Very nice Mike. I love the walther pp. I had four before I ever owned a K98k. I have one with the red bakalite grips too. Condition of yours is as good as they get. Walter banner was dropped shortly after and only the ac stamp was on the slide. I have one with the late wood grips and phosphate war time mag banner over PP 7,65 m/m with the W on the right side. I'll have to take pics. Yours has that slight plum color frame too. :thumbsup:

This one really looks as new in hand, it's one of my favorite pistols. I don't have a PPK, but it's on the list. :thumbsup:

militarytorch, PM sent. :biggrin1:

Trying out some my new setup for pics, pistols are easy to photograph so...I picked this up years ago, just about as nice as you will ever find one of these. This one has the red bakelite grips that looks so good on these, no military acceptance. Came with the pictured holster and a spare magazine with original WW2 ammo- but, it's a PPK mag! The holster has no markings but has a name scratched inside, too faint to make it out though (except for Capt.). Enjoy!

Mike, can you fill us in on your me photo setup? Always interested in teqniquies and equipment!

I have a Nikon D5100, but any digital SLR camera will do. Even the low end Nikon D3100 is great one. I hear Canon camera's are good, but thats a Ford vs. Chevy type argument I'm not going to have (I wouldn't use anything but a Nikon)

Also, I have a Nikon SB700 shoe flash which I use. I turn it 180 degrees and bounce the flash off the (white) ceiling. This is one of the most important tricks.

For extra lighting, I use cheap daylight lights on stands, like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lighting-St...544?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af3899460

On this set, I took the photos on glass about 6 inches off the background (off white). I used photoshop to trim the background from the photo. The white you see is actually just blank screen, no background. Most cheap photo editing programs will do this. When you take the pic of the item on glass, it makes trimming easier. If I place the pistol directly on the background the backing is too much in focus and doesn't clean up well. Taking photos of rifles on glass is impossible, those are just shot on the background.

When I get my setup finished I'll post some photos of it in use for the boards. For grins, I've attached an unedited photo, and another with a purty background for Gerg.

Attachments

• raw.jpg
    raw.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 27
  • stars.jpg
    stars.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 25
I have a Nikon D5100, but any digital SLR camera will do. Even the low end Nikon D3100 is great one. I hear Canon camera's are good, but thats a Ford vs. Chevy type argument I'm not going to have (I wouldn't use anything but a Nikon)

Also, I have a Nikon SB700 shoe flash which I use. I turn it 180 degrees and bounce the flash off the (white) ceiling. This is one of the most important tricks.

For extra lighting, I use cheap daylight lights on stands, like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lighting-St...544?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af3899460

On this set, I took the photos on glass about 6 inches off the background (off white). I used photoshop to trim the background from the photo. The white you see is actually just blank screen, no background. Most cheap photo editing programs will do this. When you take the pic of the item on glass, it makes trimming easier. If I place the pistol directly on the background the backing is too much in focus and doesn't clean up well. Taking photos of rifles on glass is impossible, those are just shot on the background.

When I get my setup finished I'll post some photos of it in use for the boards. For grins, I've attached an unedited photo, and another with a purty background for Gerg.

Thanks for the tips! I'm experimenting with my Nikon D90 setup. What lens do you use for overall rifle photos?

Military Rifle Journal
Back