Third Party Press

Zf4

Ladorasurf

I am in search of a ZF4 and mount. I have handled two or three, so my knowledge is very limited. Weaver's book shows some examples; however, it would be nice to have an online reference as well. Does it already exist?

I have attached a photo of a ZF4 for sale. I was wondering if this one stands a chance.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Scope 1.jpg
    Scope 1.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 80
I am in search of a ZF4 and mount. I have handled two or three, so my knowledge is very limited. Weaver's book shows some examples; however, it would be nice to have an online reference as well. Does it already exist?

I have attached a photo of a ZF4 for sale. I was wondering if this one stands a chance.

Thanks in advance.

thats funny I already bought that one from the seller?

I havent picked it up yet

it is original, missing a band and screw set

Really? I just sent payment to a guy in West Virginia.

Oh well not the first time I helped someone and got the rug pulled out from under me...I guess I cant expect a random someone to honor a deal/agreement like a collector would

situations like these really make me leary of helping people out...I was on the phone with that guy, sent him by email detailed descriptions of what he had that he could use to sell it and agreed over the phone to buy the scope and mount set, and I was supposed to meet him this weekend, he doesnt live far from me

congrats Ladora

(Im starting to know why some guys who internet shop for their collection change their usernames for bidding purposes)

Last edited:
(Im starting to know why some guys who internet shop for their collection change their usernames for bidding purposes)

I am not sure I follow Jonathan--I really hope this wasn't directed at me.

I have always apreciated your feedback and efforts to enrich the hobby--I can only imagine how nice/extensive your collection is.

Being from CA, the internet is the only option for me (not to mention finding someone to ship to CA is super difficult). And, my username is the same on every site: Auction Arms, Gunbroker, Gunboards, WAF, GHW, G/K43, etc. I do have another username (bnz41) I created when I lost access to my hotmail account; but, I don't think I have ever used it in a bidding setting. So, I am not sure what you are refering to.

I hate to create a negative image of myself, but is something like this really worth the frustration? I can't even count how many times I have had my bid canceled on Ebay or Gunbroker and the auction ended early--only to see the item posted in a forum by a member who convinced a seller to sell early. This wasn't the case here...I just emailed an offer and apparently it was the highest (I didn't offer the guy anything lower than what I thought was the full value of the package).

I was really excited to score my first original scope and share it with the collecting community. I guess my excitement has just wore off.

Unless you feel it adds value, this thread is probably best removed, as it's more of a personal conversation than a resource.

Nah it has value

it a lesson to others who might read it, and good drama for conversation...we need some spice in the GK section

nothing personal on my end....we talked, youre misinterpreting

BTW ending an auction is wholly different than a deal breaking : "ok ill take it for that, we will meet this weekedn Ill have the cash".....it has happened to me before, will again, and I inadvertantly did it to one of my collecting mentors (squeezing juice, he will know), which I offered to correct but didnt have to...it wasnt my fault, or yours, it was the sellers fault wholly in this case and then too

that comment is not directed at you persay but Im starting to see more and more why the advanced guys keep to themselves and try to remain low key....same reason I wholly agree with not posting live auctions now, vs. when I was new...it is a double edged sword sometimes helping people and trying to get stuff for the collection...some of us have talked about it over an over

this is small small potatoes...I had reasons for wanting that mount, I wasnt interested in the gun at all, told him what I thought it was all worth, and he sold it to you for that! UGH

Okay, hopefully, no hard feelings--I like the forum. Not my intent to piss off the moderator--although, I do admit, I do that over at German Helmet Walhalla quite a bit.

Don't feel lonely guys...

I contacted him and he led me on as well. He was playing games apparently with a lot of collectors. I hope who ever got it got a decent deal, my guess is the seller was dumb like a fox. So much for trying to help out...

Hi Jon
This is an interesting thread , and You are Correct about the seller thats were the Fabric of it Originates 99.99% of the time trying to get the most Pennies out of what they have , and honestly their the ones who Screw Buyers and cause misunderstands and tension between good guys . These type should get the SCREWS Turned on them .Been in this Spot once and did just that . Just My Two Cents on the matter . Guys You got some nice Collections over here . Alway enjoy a walk threw the neighborhood . Best To All

Military Rifle Journal
Back