Third Party Press

bcd G43 without code

k98k.collector

Hello,

Have you already seen a bcd Gew43 but without the "bcd" code markings ? The rifle seen is an "a" block, sn 9xxx.

Thanks,

K98k

cant say I have.. I suppose it could have been missed when made. I feel the G43 was applied at the French factory then the other markings added @ Gustloff werke II

On this note: I have also noted 2 bcd G43's with a five digit serial # that's hand stamped very crudely And I have the photos saved of one of them. I wanted to post this finding in a separate thread.

Also: just reading the post again.. The "BCD" is the code. The G43 is the model designation.

Have you taken it out of the stock?

Some of these are marked very low on the receiver and the "bcd" marking cannot be seen.

I think he's saying it backwards.. the BCD is there not the G43

Hello,

The "G43" is there but not the letters "bcd". See pictures ... Poor quality Gsm pictures, but you can have an idea. The number on the bolt are also strange. I haven't remove the stock so unable to tell you if "bcd" is there or not. The rifle has matching number.

Dsc00301b.jpg

Dsc00302b.jpg

Dsc00303b.jpg

Take more pictures of this as you disassemble looking for it.
Looks like a unique piece, but then again .......they all are.
Thanks, CaptMax

Hello,

The "G43" is there but not the letters "bcd". See pictures ... Poor quality Gsm pictures, but you can have an idea. The number on the bolt are also strange. I haven't remove the stock so unable to tell you if "bcd" is there or not. The rifle has matching number.

View attachment 59345

View attachment 59346

View attachment 59347

It's definitely a Bcd G43 weather or not the code is there or not. The metal looks as though it was covered in rust and cleaned. I can see all the pits and the gloss of the metal from being cleaned with a brush. Its a matching carrier and a collectable rifle for sure. All the stamps are hand applied and are usually very crookedly stamped.

It's definitely a Bcd G43 weather or not the code is there or not. The metal looks as though it was covered in rust and cleaned. I can see all the pits and the gloss of the metal from being cleaned with a brush. Its a matching carrier and a collectable rifle for sure. All the stamps are hand applied and are usually very crookedly stamped.

Mauser99 is right on... Many of the BCD markings are very sloppy and some were done with broken dies where parts of the letters are missing. Under the wood line would be my guess as well.

You can see how low the BCD markings are on my b block in photos attached.

Attachments

• DSC_0235.jpg
    DSC_0235.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0040_2.jpg
    DSC_0040_2.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 41

Military Rifle Journal
Back