Third Party Press

German tinnies

Weeedoggie

I'm not to experienced with them so any help would be great , if there fakes or real ?

Attachments

• 20190313_165518.jpg
    20190313_165518.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20190313_165548.jpg
    20190313_165548.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 63
Not really my field either, but at first glance these look okay (not sure about bottom right, never seen that one before). They produced tons of these for various events and party functions. Bottom left is an example from the Winterhilfswerk, I believe. Much like today, you make a donation, you get some kinda crap for it. The mini-book is interesting.

From observation, it seems like most tinnies go for $10-20 depending on condition and type. There are rare ones that can go far beyond that, but by and large most will fall into that range.

Ok thank you and Yeah the bottom right is odd
The propaganda booklet is in decent shape too bad I can't read German lol

So many of those were made for everything under the sun, I've never seen any I thought were faked. Not much value compared to other German collectables so why bother.

G2

So many of those were made for everything under the sun, I've never seen any I thought were faked. Not much value compared to other German collectables so why bother.

G2
It's still interesting and a part of history , frankly I don't really look for an investment in any of the items I have or buy but rather get them to enjoy them as historical items but each to there own I guess

If you decide to collect tinnies, it would be a sizable task. There are just so many of them and like said before for just about everything. I have seen the bottom right (tinnie) donation badge before, it is a good one even if it looks like some one made it in a first grade art class. They made these things out of glass, bakelite (plastic), ceramic, wood, paper, zinc, tombac, tin and probably other metals. Saw a brass one for an S.A. Motorcycle event that sold for $150. I know, small dollar amount but not bad for a thin piece of metal with a crude safety pin soldered to the back of it. I am sure there are some that are rare and worth more, but most are cheap and plentiful.

If someone else has a collection I hope they post it, I think they are interesting. My favorite is the little book in the top left corner.

I think he meant “why bother faking them”......

Yep, no reason to fake them. They are interesting, my father brought back a handful from his time in Europe during WWII.

The only one I ever purchased was marked with my family last name. Apparently, some relatives in Germany made some for the party rallies.
Good thing the rest of the family never knew!

G2

Though helmets are my main area, I have always appreciated the enormous variety, and, sometimes, beautiful artwork of tinnies.

Thanks for looking,
Cody

Attachments

• Tinnies 1.jpg
    Tinnies 1.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back