Third Party Press

DOU 44 gg rear sight info

wyobill

been following the form for a while now. I do have one question concerning the the rear sight on my dou 44 gg, the top leaf has graduations on both sides is this correct for its production as all other numbers/details appear to be correct with this rifle.

It could be okay. Your rifle is actually pretty late production. Earlier type parts were sometimes used. Other than the sight range numbers, what are the markings on this rear sight? It would help if you could post a few photos.

I had a late dou 44 with the same style rear sight. It was maker marked but that was it. I believe it was an armorers part used in late production.

DOU 44 gg pictures

This is my dou 44 gg. small gun shop find about a year ago $250 picked out of three other two had m/m bolts and one was a rc. this rifle had its nose cut back the cap screwed back on in front of rear barrel band exept for front barrel band and front site hood all other parts complete. this is my repair job with a very hard to find proper front barrel band blueing was actually this good and I had to clean very little rust off. I could use help in identifing the style front sight hood to look for as I am clueless their.thanks for viewing let me know what you think, I take critisism very well. PS the triggeron the rifle is an add on it shoots better with it. still have original safely tucked away.

Last edited:
2nd try da!

first time operator error:googlie

Attachments

• dou44sight1.JPG
    dou44sight1.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 30
  • dou44sight2.JPG
    dou44sight2.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 25
  • dou44right3.JPG
    dou44right3.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 28
  • dou44left1.JPG
    dou44left1.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 27
  • dou44left2.JPG
    dou44left2.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 24
  • dou44ser.JPG
    dou44ser.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 27
  • dou44right1.JPG
    dou44right1.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 26
  • dou44right2.JPG
    dou44right2.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 24
  • dou44bolt1.JPG
    dou44bolt1.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 28
  • dou44rec.JPG
    dou44rec.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 26
there is a mark on the under side flat of the bolt and winged mark on the side of the bolt ball that faces the shooter.

Military Rifle Journal
Back