Third Party Press

Anyone Seen a 6"x9" NSDAP Flag?

ZakBradshaw

I found a guy with a really small (6"x9" roughly) NSDAP flag. Anyone know what it was used for and whether its a period item and possible value. It appears that the swastika is printed, but the circle is sewn on. He also said its double sided.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 38
That's possible I guess. A guy is selling it and claims it yo be original but says he's never been able to figure out what it was made for.

the flags are more easy than the badges.. Is he selling those as well ?? Get some better photos. They made flags of all sizes from micro to massive !

I don't believe the badges are for sell. He is asking $90 on the flag. Any details to look for to help determine age and authenticity?

My wife, who is a professional seamstress, looked at it last night and said that if the red fabric is wool, the edge being left raw (unseamed) would be consistent with what would be done as wool does not fray. As opposed to being finished (hemmed).

KJ

Wow, thank you for the information. I'll check with him to see if its wool. Does $90 sound steep?

yes, I have sold complete small flags for like 150.00 I saw some really nice flags yesterday in the 2oo range. I would wait personally. I come across them all the time. I don't ususally buy them as they don't sell all that well..

Military Rifle Journal
Back