Third Party Press

Another PRE98 wannabe - more dealer opportunists - S/147G rises again

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
Had to post this up.
I know many of you were watching that auction in Timonium last month.
Well we now know where the S/147G date went - right to GB.

I have no problem with collectors going for rifle, even if I am interested in an item.
But this is an example of the "dealerization" of the hobby.

Some have commented about this sellers FFL status.

This is the same rifle that sold on Proxibid, albeit cleaned up, SN. 478a with the opposed band spring configuration.

You can be the proud owner of this rifle for a trifle 16,000.00.
I take a small liberty posting an ongoing auction but this deserves discussion.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/847483815

He may have now risen to the top of the '(I have a small penis) it I'll add 5 grand to what I just paid' crowd. Or 10k if your balls are feeling particularly big. I don't want to speak for someone else and I hope he'll chime in here with his experience with this cat.

That guy is really proud of his stuff. He should also be applauded for his thorough, detailed description.

Pretty sure this guy lurks, or has lurked, around here. Guys like this is why grandson Tommy does a quick search for “K98 Mauser” and sees this shite. Then, he lists grandpas dot44 $6000.

If he lurks here, here is a message for him...you're a scumbag, dude...and I hope no one buys any of your overpriced shite. You are a pox on the collecting world.

Unfortunately people with deep pockets will buy some, and encourage this behavior...

$2200 for an ac 42 P-38 rig? $1,250 for just an ac 44 just the P-38?

And yes, I know, people are free to ask whatever they want for their stuff, and I am entitled to call them crack smokers...

Keep pricing this stuff ridiculously, and you will ensure there are no new collectors entering the field, and you can take your shite to the grave, or your family can sell them for $100 each since there will be no one to collect them anymore. New collectors are being priced out of the hobby before they can even enter...

And part of the problem is this right here...

Pretty sure this guy lurks, or has lurked, around here. Guys like this is why grandson Tommy does a quick search for “K98 Mauser” and sees this shite. Then, he lists grandpas dot44 $6000.

You beat me to stating this. These are the type of auctions that pop up first on google because they get a lot of attention. This is extremely detrimental to our hobby. It has the same effect as shill bidding.

I was going to go through and total the amount of money he would get if he sold everything at his BIN price. I stopped at 100k. What an insane amount of money we are talking here.

Anybody want two boxes of German 9mm wartime ammo for $110! I just bought two boxes of that ammo at the last ogca show for $10 a box.

His prices are beyond crazy but look at how many people are bidding none.

And I 100% agree this has a huge detrimental effect on our beloved hobby. As others have said when new collectors see your basic K98k bringing $2900-$3000 by scumbags like this they pretty much lose interest in the hobby. Believing it's too expensive for them to start out in or even try.

Last edited:
In the end, it’s just a K98k.:googlie
On principle, I banned him from bidding on any of my items on GB. Might be a consideration for those of you who sell high end items on GB.

KJ

..I banned him from bidding on any of my items on GB. Might be a considerationJ

Ok so we know people have either bought here, sought advice/vetting here and then sold items based on what they were told or NOT told. Didn't seem to matter in a few cases. Anyway, it is legal or ethical to make a 'block list' of known flippers? I understand they could just create a new account but a lot of people put rank restrictions on them. +5 or +10. That usually weeds out the trolls.

There's a t block I won on GB and my photos in 2 attempts have been lame. Anyway I went beyond what I wanted to spend because I saw the competitor was a known flipper.

Last edited:
Four pages on GB, and I didn't see any bids on anything.
The prices asked for much of it prove to me he's farming a similar mindset that MM caters to.

If he lurks here, here is a message for him...you're a scumbag, dude...and I hope no one buys any of your overpriced shite. You are a pox on the collecting world.

Unfortunately people with deep pockets will buy some, and encourage this behavior...

And yes, I know, people are free to ask whatever they want for their stuff, and I am entitled to call them crack smokers...

Keep pricing this stuff ridiculously, and you will ensure there are no new collectors entering the field, and you can take your shite to the grave, or your family can sell them for $100 each since there will be no one to collect them anymore. New collectors are being priced out of the hobby before they can even enter...

You know maybe I should sell my cyq P38 rig that's listed in the trader here for $1850 Mike! That's leaves the buyer a little bit of room to make a profit!

You know maybe I should sell my cyq P38 rig that's listed in the trader here for $1850 Mike! That's leaves the buyer a little bit of room to make a profit!

Absolutely, hell, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

He should snap it up at that price! Extra $$$ for SOS!

This the tile guy from George with multiple Gun Broker accounts listed in different states who, as far as my research can tell, does not have a FFL yet even though he's flipping guns...

Here's his Ebay for those that want to ban him from bidding there as well: https://www.ebay.com/usr/wunderwaffe1945

If anyone knows anyone in the ATF who will investigate him I have all of his information to locate him. For security reasons I will not disclose it otherwise.

Last edited:
current thread

Guys I appreciate all of your comments and all are dead on.
Trolls like this make it tough for collectors when all they care about is profit.
Really sucks. Make me wanna retire my "rack" avatar and substitute with a fully clothed nun!

My god man

Guys I appreciate all of your comments and all are dead on.
Trolls like this make it tough for collectors when all they care about is profit.
Really sucks. Make me wanna retire my "rack" avatar and substitute with a fully clothed nun!
My god man...call a Crisis Line before you do that...:laugh:

You guys have missed the obvious. Look at the title descriptive.
It's not just a K98k. It's a "NAZI K98k", and therefore warrants the extra big bucks.

That is a huge problem. No new collectors = no demand = huge drop in price. Dealers are not good for the hobby and I avoid buying from any of them. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You guys have missed the obvious. Look at the title descriptive.
It's not just a K98k. It's a "NAZI K98k", and therefore warrants the extra big bucks.

But does it have the war eagles and swa-stickers? As Big Ben used to say this k98k has the rare door Basher buttplate type.

Military Rifle Journal
Back