Third Party Press

bcd4 5 digit phos from Kreigsmodell

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
I just got this rifle from a board member, Dave, and Mike owned it before that for the book.

I am overjoyed to have a published rifle owned by some great collectors before me.

I couldnt find a complete workup on it, and more pics never hurt anyone. lol

5 digit, bcd4 phosphate except a few smaller parts.

Rare ovx marker marked stock.

Barrel code: avk Bv e/13

Letter codes seen on the rifle.
a - trigger, rear sight base
b - firing pin
C - stock
d - triggerguard
e - cocking piece
f - recoil lug
l - bolt, extractor, receiver, bayo lug
m - safety
n - bolt shroud

I have removed the original photos, as frankly, they were shite. Attached some better ones.

DSC_0447.jpgDSC_0455.jpgDSC_0451.jpgDSC_0452.jpgDSC_0453.jpgDSC_0454.jpgDSC_0511.jpgDSC_0512.jpgDSC_0513.jpgDSC_0516.jpgDSC_0520.jpgDSC_0519.jpgDSC_0517.jpgDSC_0518.jpgDSC_0514.jpg
DSC_0525.jpgDSC_0523.jpgDSC_0510.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Its my fav, but dont tell the others. lol

Can anyone tell me what number the waa inside the stock is?

Andrew, I'm so glad it made the long trip safe and sound and has found a nurturing home!

And before anyone asks, yes, that front sight hood with the flat base is original. I also think that type of hood is associated with Gustloff k98ks.

Thanks for taking the pictures and sharing!

The waffenamt inside the stock is E/18. It's a great gun, I only sold it to Touhy because I had duplicates, and I'm glad he found another great guy to sell it to. Actually it's the only bcd4 phosphate rifle I've owned myself that had that odd dot punched floorplate, but if you kept every weird oddity in your collection the safe would be stuffed.

I do like the odd floorplate. I thought it was e/18 on the wood but its tough to see.

I'm glad you let it go Farb! Haha. And obviously Glad touhy did as well.
Its home now basically forever.

What a beautiful gun!! Awesome that its published and that you have the provenance!! Great gun.

Military Rifle Journal
Back