Third Party Press

MP44/StG44 Accessories

gergnotwen

Rest In Peace
For those who like the bits, pieces and accessories...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0319.jpg
    DSC_0319.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 910
  • DSC_0323.jpg
    DSC_0323.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 898
  • DSC_0324.jpg
    DSC_0324.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 894
  • DSC_0327.jpg
    DSC_0327.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 887
  • DSC_0328.jpg
    DSC_0328.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 894
I am sorry, Greg, the bag is not original. The loader is postwar. The takedown tool is also not original. I have noted that some Dealers take the yugo surplus, add newmade rest and sell for high money.

OK, I'm curious! HOW do you tell an original takedown tool from a repro??? I have both and there is NO difference!
Also what about the loader says "not original"? Again I have both and there is almost no difference. Unfortunately almost none of the original loaders were marked in any way and I've never heard of a tool with any markings.
I'll have to dig out my bag to see how it compares, I don't remember any markings, but will look.
I know my items are original because they came with an MP 44 50+ yrs ago.
Sarge

OK, I'm curious! HOW do you tell an original takedown tool from a repro??? I have both and there is NO difference!
Also what about the loader says "not original"? Again I have both and there is almost no difference. Unfortunately almost none of the original loaders were marked in any way and I've never heard of a tool with any markings.
I'll have to dig out my bag to see how it compares, I don't remember any markings, but will look.
I know my items are original because they came with an MP 44 50+ yrs ago.
Sarge

Sarge, The original take down tools have a slight bend to them where as the reproductions are always straight. Same with the loaders, the originals have a slight bend to them. I have seen both and this holds true.
Without having them in hand and an original beside them it is sometimes very difficult to tell. Here is one picture of an original take down tool to show the bend I am speaking of. I will try and find a picture comparing the loaders and post that as well.
CaptMax

Sarge, The original take down tools have a slight bend to them where as the reproductions are always straight. Same with the loaders, the originals have a slight bend to them. I have seen both and this holds true.
Without having them in hand and an original beside them it is sometimes very difficult to tell. Here is one picture of an original take down tool to show the bend I am speaking of. I will try and find a picture comparing the loaders and post that as well.
CaptMax

On this website, they show a comparison of originals and repros.
http://claus.espeholt.dk/mp44.htm

Any one have the correct German issue mp-44 gas cylinder cleaning brush? I think I may have found the real deal, not a Yugo on a string. Will try to post a pix--if-- win8 and I can agree. Concerning the other common tools, takedown rod and mag filler guide I wonder about post war Yugo production vs. repop stuff? Last question on the mp/stg series, If the book is carried rolled up in the stock hole where do you keep the issue cleaning brush? later,czech.

Have to wait till I can get my computer working again. Currently using a friends.
Sarge

pieces

That stuff looks original to me! Bend in the tool is probably from removing a very tight plug. Bag looks good to go as well as the stripper guide.
All neat to have.
I'd really like to find a front sight pusher tool. Saw a pic of one somewhere. I'll probably have to make one as an original would be mega bucks for sure.
Pete

Many, Many years ago - before good info was available - I had the simple kummerlauf w/o any sights.
Don't remember any markings and thought it was a repro so I sold it. within a year I found out I had screwed-up big time!!!
Oh well such is both life AND collecting!
Sarge

Magazine loading tool

Gents,

I am looking for an original magazine loader, I bought reproduction and it doesn't work. Any hints on where to purchase one would be appreciated. Also I have seen them go for as much as 180 euro's and as low as $40.00 US whats up with that? The last thing on my list is the bag!

Thanks,Dave

Gents,

I am looking for an original magazine loader, I bought reproduction and it doesn't work. Any hints on where to purchase one would be appreciated. Also I have seen them go for as much as 180 euro's and as low as $40.00 US whats up with that? The last thing on my list is the bag!

Thanks,Dave

I bought some of these repro loaders as well and ran into the same issue,but with a little careful bending of the lips so they fit snug on the magazine and using a carbide burr to deepen the grooves on the inside of the stripper clip guide they work not too bad.

hello the chat is a bit old but I would like to show you a loader that was found in an ammo box, here it is written that they had no stamps, but I can see a jvd on mine, you too?So I think it's definitely original

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230714-171844_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230714-171844_Gallery.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20230714-171832_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230714-171832_Gallery.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20230714-171817_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230714-171817_Gallery.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20230714-171803_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230714-171803_Gallery.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 47
hello the chat is a bit old but I would like to show you a loader that was found in an ammo box, here it is written that they had no stamps, but I can see a jvd on mine, you too?So I think it's definitely original

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230714-174718_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230714-174718_Gallery.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 30
Here’s my original takedown tool. I’m still looking for an original bag and loader. I’ve never even seen a gas tube brush.

Attachments

• IMG_1232.jpeg
    IMG_1232.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1231.jpeg
    IMG_1231.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 32

Military Rifle Journal
Back