Third Party Press

MP44/StG44 Accessories

Hallo,I was offered these bags for the MP44 spare parts, can someone tell me they are original?I believe they were found in an 8x33 ammo box

Attachments

• IMG_5347.jpeg
    IMG_5347.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5346.jpeg
    IMG_5346.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5345.jpeg
    IMG_5345.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 22
Hallo,I was offered these bags for the MP44 spare parts, can someone tell me they are original?I believe they were found in an 8x33 ammo box
Roost... they don't look like original bags to me. Not the correct material.

Despite not being original, they would be an ok place filler and better than nothing. If you can get them, I would be interested in buying one just so I had something in my buttstock. Thanks.

Roost... they don't look like original bags to me. Not the correct material.

Despite not being original, they would be an ok place filler and better than nothing. If you can get them, I would be interested in buying one just so I had something in my buttstock. Thanks.
Thanks for the information. When I have the bags I will take better pictures. I got the bags for a good price

Original bags are so hard to find. I've been looking for a long time with no luck. At this point I'd be happy to get something that looks the part and maybe over time I'll stumble across an original.

Original bags are so hard to find. I've been looking for a long time with no luck. At this point I'd be happy to get something that looks the part and maybe over time I'll stumble across an original.
I will fill the bags and then at least have some that correspond to the original. I would still have an original yogo bag for the mp44 to sell but without content, just the bag

I will fill the bags and then at least have some that correspond to the original. I would still have an original yogo bag for the mp44 to sell but without content, just the bag
Roos… I’d be interested in buying your Yugo spare parts bag. At least I would have something. i appreciate the help m

Here are the accessories from the butt of my MP43 including the brush. I think I have a loader in the pouch. I’ll have to look. View attachment 354841
Yes, this takedown tool looks correct. I'm new to these but just acquired both what I assume is an original TD tool and and original loader. I also picked up some repros of same to compare.
That machined step on the very tip and the wide(r) channel behind are the dead giveaways that I'm seeing on originality, plus the steel is of high quality and nicely blued as well.
The repro lacks the step at the tip and has a narrow channel. It has a wide neck behind that while the original has a shallow/narrow neck behind the channel. I'm not sure if it's blued or some other very dark coating. Of course there will be multiple repro makers I assume but the one I think is original is absolutely identical to yours.
The original loader is very neatly bent/folded with intricate details for an excellent fit. It is also blued high quality steel. There are no acceptance marks. The stripper clip channels on the sides are quite different between the assumed original and the obvious repro. On the repro the steel is different and is poorly/sloppily bent and lacks the fine detail work for a proper fit. It isn't even close in quality.

Just a few words in comment to the elogy above: I have never seen a MP44 manual which has been in the buttstock having such a pristine condition. The brush is commercial. The pouch shown in added pic is repro. This all together is no indicator that the take down tool is original. One cannot make a reliable decision by one pic on these. You need to have it in your hands and hold it against known originals. BTW, original take down tools are neither bent by nature, nor by use. Blueing: no indicator, they exist without blueing.

I will write on this in part 3 of my book series on StG 44 accessories. Part 1 with 100 magazine variations has been printed in a small number in german language with 1200 color pics on 160 pages. Anyone interested can send me a PM with his E-Mail address. I will send an information in October then, but nothing goes fast. Currently I am busy with sending the books for free to museums and persons who let me make pics, while preparing book 2 on the pouches.

Just a few words in comment to the elogy above: I have never seen a MP44 manual which has been in the buttstock having such a pristine condition. The brush is commercial. The pouch shown in added pic is repro. This all together is no indicator that the take down tool is original. One cannot make a reliable decision by one pic on these. You need to have it in your hands and hold it against known originals. BTW, original take down tools are neither bent by nature, nor by use. Blueing: no indicator, they exist without blueing.

I will write on this in part 3 of my book series on StG 44 accessories. Part 1 with 100 magazine variations has been printed in a small number in german language with 1200 color pics on 160 pages. Anyone interested can send me a PM with his E-Mail address. I will send an information in October then, but nothing goes fast. Currently I am busy with sending the books for free to museums and persons who let me make pics, while preparing book 2 on the pouches.
In reference to post #20 if you are implying my booklet and accessories are reproductions, you are entitled to your opinion. The weapon they came from is in the link above. It was virtually unfired. I have owned this since 1986 and purchased it from the veteran who returned home with it. He had it under his bed for 45 years.
I guarantee the magazine pouch pictured in my post to be original as well.

Absolutely nice rifle, congratulations, I would wish to have the opportunity to document such a nice example of the h-block.

I did not write the manual is not original, I wrote that I have never seen one coming like that out of a stock and I have documented quite some. Everytime it is taken out and put in marks on the paper arise. The takedown tool leaves marks, too. More pics would help. Same goes for tool.

As for the brush, this stays commercial, it cannot be used with RG34, the metal part has a thread and seems to be made from brass. As for the pouch, I permit myself to post it once more, I take it for granted that you believe it to be original, but take some pics of it and put it up for discussion here or in the WAF and see what the results are. I gain no satisfaction in telling that.

Attachments

• IMG_3952.jpeg
    IMG_3952.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 9
Here are some better pictures of the bits from my butt stock. All I can say is they were present at the time of purchase. When I purchased the weapon, there was not much information on the subject of accessories in print, and I dont ever remember seeing a picture of another brush. Curiously, it threads onto the end of a cleaning rod without trouble (not a common thread), so i never gave it a thought. I dont use it. It is what it is.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    273.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    327.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    279.3 KB · Views: 21
Here are some better pictures of the bits from my butt stock. All I can say is they were present at the time of purchase. When I purchased the weapon, there was not much information on the subject of accessories in print, and I dont ever remember seeing a picture of another brush. Curiously, it threads onto the end of a cleaning rod without trouble (not a common thread), so i never gave it a thought. I dont use it. It is what it is.
I can't comment on the brush but the tool is golden. I suspect a good chance the brush is too. Apparently there's a little variation in the tools but those well machined and beveled/stepped tips are the giveaway.
As a side note, the shaft on yours looks like it might have "turn marks" similar in look to the spacing of barrel rifling. Those are present on mine as well.
Note this on yours (first image) and then on mine.
2.jpegIMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

Here's what I assume is likely an original loader as opposed to a known reproduction. Both are mine.
No need to identify which is which. The assumed original fits very well on an original magazine. The reproduction, not so much.
Note the tremendous difference in quality.
IMG_4319.jpgIMG_4317.jpgIMG_4318.jpgIMG_4316.jpgIMG_4315.JPG

The quality is obvious on the one loader. Looks most likely original.
I went through all my references and did searches online and can’t locate a single, full photo of a purpose made gas cylinder brush for the assault rifle series.
There are obviously blue and phosphate versions of the takedown tool. Any monkey with a lathe could make one.

Military Rifle Journal
Back