Third Party Press

Finally, the G24t Ive been waiting for 1942

miles136

Ive been wanting one of these a long long time, finally one I can keep...at least until the next irresistible GK43 comes along

Attachments

• 287.JPG
    287.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 312
  • 288.JPG
    288.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 286
  • 289.JPG
    289.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 290.JPG
    290.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 221
  • 291.JPG
    291.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 232
  • 292.JPG
    292.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 293.JPG
    293.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 210
  • 294.JPG
    294.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 295.JPG
    295.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 297.JPG
    297.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 298.JPG
    298.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 299.JPG
    299.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 198
  • 300.JPG
    300.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 301.JPG
    301.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 302.JPG
    302.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 189
  • 303.JPG
    303.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 304.JPG
    304.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 305.JPG
    305.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 350
  • 306.JPG
    306.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 312
  • 310.JPG
    310.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
g24t

very nice, Kinda can't blame you for going right after that gem. A similar rifle sold for 4k on the r.i.a. sight..:hail:

Wow

Doesn't get much better. Bring it to the MAXX so I can talk you out of it.....:hail:

Good catch.

If that's the one I think it is, I almost bloody hit Buy Now on it! Wish I had :)

My vz24 modified ain't as pretty, but it didn't cost much.... All matching buyt the bolt (which is a blued Vz24 bolt at least). LOVELY early serial/date, and no doubting it's German modified with that sling cut and plugged wrist swivel :)

Attachments

• pix155753453.jpg
    pix155753453.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 73
  • i_100_009.jpg
    i_100_009.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 84
  • i_100_008.jpg
    i_100_008.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 63
Dang it, I just realized I totally forgot to photo the bolt :facepalm:

Ill get r done

Attachments

• 090.JPG
    090.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I find the sour grapes over on the GB Mauser forum entertaining about this rifle....

sour indeed!

eh that's not bad though ...there are always always those thyat are jealous, mostly those types will reveal themselves by trying to trash it, claiming they know it went for so cheap, commenting on telling the seller this or that...usually the same people who would never pay what the thing is worth or even place a bid

hey if you can walk into someone's store and buy a gun, what's the difference between me driving there or commiting over the phone : none

sellers are permitted to end auctions early, on GB it has to go to the highest bidder at the time, despite price.....it is idiotic for some to claim there is some type of ethical breech...give me a break....a seller can do what they wish with their gun....those claiming otherwise sound like liberal democrats

it isnt even worth a reply there, and again, a good show of why i dont hardly post there...time and again idiots take over threads

i knew some would be pissed, i dont care...id never had posted it if i was worried...thered have been jealous tire kickers monday morning quarterbacking regardless....

im sure those complainers are doing so only because they truly believe that i got it for pennies, which is all they would have paid, not what it is worth

let them stew...the seller was quite professional and i was impressed....surely they have a future (paying) customer in me.....better off im sure that those claiming they would never buy from the seller now, wont

i was happy to share pics of the thing here for future reference

for those wondering, and I hate to sink down to a certain level but I cant resist : despite my reputation for paying top dollar for nice stuff : it was reblued, fake numbered, with a rare SS unit marked cleaning rod worth $600 alone, a sewer pipe bore, and i got it for $699.97 including a free gun sock and silicone wipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup: :moon:

and all my friends and fellow collectors have been quite happy when Ive ended auctions early for them....more often than not at great prices for both of us....OH and for the ETHICS police, always according to that particular site's rules of course

some need to get a life....or maybe it is me that needs a life since Im obsessed by stuff like this????????????

Last edited:
People put stuff on Gunbroker to sell it. I've ended items early, it's perfectly allowed by the rules and not unethical. I think it's just pontification.

Funny_Pictures_3037.jpg

People put stuff on Gunbroker to sell it. I've ended items early, it's perfectly allowed by the rules and not unethical. I think it's just pontification.

Sure, it's allowed.... but as a buyer who waits to the end to bid, I have been chapped a few times when an item was pulled and I didn't get a chance. Imagine going to a live auction and in the middle of an item being sold, someone whispers in the auctioneers ear.... and then the item gets pulled and the auction is stopped and not sold to the then, high bidder.... I think you'd be a bit miffed if you wanted that item and fully intended on bidding.

I have asked (once successfully) for the seller to sell an item off the auction site... on a KKW which he did ($2.5K paid). While I was happy to get it, I personally felt a tad underhanded in doing it this way.

Personally, I think hounding and pounding the seller to close the auction for a "private" sale isn't the intent of auctions nor a practice that I would generally encourage. I've told my son, to win an item at auction is easy... just be the last man standing and it's yours.

Give me a break Bob

Im getting a little tired of internet heros as of late

be the last man standing regarding auctions? listen to yourself...as if you are some great warrior buying a mauser off the net?

or that buying a gun outside of auction is similar to some great ethical moral violation by buyer and seller...IT IS A THING FOR SALE

and there was no "houding or pounding" either BTW, and for you to imply that reveals some personal problem with me I think, to indicate that I hounded and pounded them? it actually occurred like pretty much any other sale and purchase Ive eve been involved with

are you sure youve only done it once? or you mean you only accomplished it one time, but asked how many : ???? and you felt so bad about it too just like you said?

I hope you are teaching your son to be the last man standing if he ever has to fight for his life, loses his job, etc etc, you know stuff real men have to worry about.....not for a KKW...Im sure you are teaching him about American Capitalism, putting huge amounts on Ok guns, but in my world that is your perogative, I didnt start any thread about it, or feel the need to interject as if what you are doing is akin to what used car salesmen do every day....laughable, especially from someone who is clearly putting enormous near outrageous prices to take advantage of the complete opposite scenario of this one via internet auction, which BTW bothers me quite a bit more

would I be "miffed" yeah it happened to me plenty of times, do I sit and stew or post an internet thread about it, trashing the gun, buyer and seller, no : grow up...but I did figure out, since I am slightly more intelligent than the average monkey, but only slightly, why not ask myself....this time it worked and Im happy

how some there is no conversation about the $800 AC45 P38 I bought just like this a few weeks ago, from another retail store who posted it at auction???????

my motto is it cant hurt to ask, and all they can tell me are 1) No, or 2) some BiOesque to the moon price in which case Id reply "good luck"

I wonder too, since that auction ended so fast, with so little views, how many really saw that gun or are using it to flame after the fact?

One guy even came from the gunboards thread and PMd me here...hoping that is wasnt him I posted about above, and he seemed like a nice guy, and I wasnt mad at him (or really mad at all about this, just irritated by how juvenile a few are), and it wasnt directed at him but guess what even he said that he wouldnt have paid as much as I did? which bothers me even more than an auction ending and I submit for the masses to consider : someone admits that they wouldnt have paid as much yet participates in a thread like that, how did they find out how much I paid to begin with, and why, and why do they care?

Last edited:
Some people put things on Gunbroker hoping for someone to make them an offer. I always ask when I bid on something if there is a buy it now price- that way it keeps this from happening to me. On several occasions the seller said yes, but many times they don't. I am not asking so I can buy it out from the last bidder, but asking if it is for sale. By the way, I don't think Gunbroker is really the same thing as Rock Island Auctions- in fact it isn't, as Gunbroker actually has a rule about ending auctions early.

Not everyone who puts a gun on auction is hoping for a $4000+ end price.

I’ve been able to grab a few items when the seller has offered to end the auction early. If I were in a buying mode I’d do it again if the opportunity arose.

For me I’d rather pay what I thought was a fair price, or even a premium, than having to deal with morons posting live auctions on the boards asking “is this one ok?” while never ever having the intention to buy it.

About 5 years ago there was one boob over at GK who posted every decent auction with such a question and I quickly got out priced after the “certification” came from the reply posts. So, when something nice came after that with a seller offering to end early I jumped on the opportunity.

I am evil too.... nearly ALL my Gunbroker buys have been "backroom" with me making an offer the seller usually won't refuse.

No "bargains", but I knew what I wanted, I knew a price I was comfortable with, and I offered it. I have built up a VERY good rapport with one of the sellers, and now he offers me payment plans if need be and good deals anyway - up to my 4th rifle from him now, and he is a stand-up guy.

Only twice has it not "worked" - I offered $550 to a seller for a DSM 34 with a mismatched bolt. He politely refused, so I bid instead, and I got it for $495 including postage. He was happy still, and so am I. The other was a VERY early Rock Island M1903. I offered, he refused, and I bid, only to be snipered and got outbid by $5.

As I said on the GB post, it is NO ONE'S business what Jon and the seller agreed to. So long as both are happy, does it matter????????

Let's not turn this thread into that MESS of a thread about the penny mauser on GB either please...

I’ve been able to grab a few items when the seller has offered to end the auction early. If I were in a buying mode I’d do it again if the opportunity arose.

For me I’d rather pay what I thought was a fair price, or even a premium, than having to deal with morons posting live auctions on the boards asking “is this one ok?” while never ever having the intention to buy it.

About 5 years ago there was one boob over at GK who posted every decent auction with such a question and I quickly got out priced after the “certification” came from the reply posts. So, when something nice came after that with a seller offering to end early I jumped on the opportunity.

.............amen

DOUBLE AMEN!

Funnily enough, my Vz24 German modified I posted on this very thread was a "backdoor" deal with Chris at oldguns. Wasn't cheap ($700) but I was happy at that price, was willing to pay it, and he was happy. Deal done, it's here, and it's mine. (he had it at $1000 opening bid for 3 cycles - I got tired of waiting to see it drop in prioce and emailed him direct). I doubt I could ever find a German Modified Vz24 here (ALL the Vz24's here are the crappy Romanian reworks - worse than an RC in my opinion), let alone a 1924 made Vz24!

Too many "Mr Know Nothings who know it all" on that GB thread - like the guy talking about how it looks funny near the action, the wood etc etc etc. I guess a lot of people have never seen true examples of these rifles, and only seen the crappy reworks, rehashes and left-over junk.

Jon, I also want to apologise for that "bolt screw-up" we had some time back...the e/140 bolt - I hope you can forgive me for that :) (you've probably forgotten, but I still feel odd about it!)

Military Rifle Journal
Back