Third Party Press

Thread: dot1944 'aq' block

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2 bruce98k's Avatar

Default dot1944 'aq' block

Closet rifle that came out of one of the local shops near me.
    Three rifles came in the group, of which we were able to get 2 - Vz24 rework and this one.
    Sight parts and bolt release un-numbered. Stock drilled for rod (obvious) and serial numbers stamped in
    both handguard and stock. While not heavily chattered, reasonably rough stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---- Turbo Myš ----

Senior Member mattakinbimwalker's Avatar

Default dot

I love how rough looking the buttstock is. It's hard to tell in the photos but does the handguard match? I couldn't see if it was red glue also or not.
    Looking for a bsw bolt.

Man that is nice looking. Are you going to post pics of the VZ24?

Why can't my local shops ever have anything like this?

Another nice one Bruce!

My ap block has numbered sight parts. How much overlap is there in numbered vs unnumbered sight parts? I think there was a thread in regards to this some time ago?

Found my own answer. Apparently there is a lot of overlap on numbered vs unnumbered sights in dot production.
    Last edited by jbmauser; 12-16-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    WTB: Rough milled, blued, unnumbered floor plate as found on late MO rifles. Unnumbered MO bands, both KM and standard type, MO KM stocks including an unaccepted one, MO bands and stock 5897, upper band 0643

Quote Originally Posted by RyanE View Post
    Why can't my local shops ever have anything like this?
    My thought exactly. My guess is they do from time to time around me but others get a heads up. I'm only into collecting a couple of years and still getting to know folks. I give folks a heads up on stuff I come across that i know they're interested in. After a while I guess you build a network like that.

Anyway, back to the rifle. You said it was part of a group of three. Any story there? What was the third rifle of the group you didn't pick up?

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2 bruce98k's Avatar

Default Current post

Other rifle was super nice 42 code 1940, laminate of which I needed. But that one couldn't be had. Alas, but another
    forum member is working on one for me and hopefully deal will be done mid-week.

That 1940 dated Oberndorf was the last missing variation I needed. Not super rare but for some reason, I could not find
    a decent laminated 40 date.
    ---- Turbo Myš ----