Third Party Press

Thread: Italian Carcano 91/28 TS Carbine HNZa

Default Italian Carcano 91/28 TS Carbine HNZa

I don't recall seeing a Carcano with a German blued bolt before, like they did on other German used rifles. I also like the sling. Also note the letter stamped behind the trigger guard.
    David
    ------
    Auction Link
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=378794560
    ------

How did I miss that one? I've never seen a Carcano with a blued bolt either, but this is the first Innsbruck I've seen. Most are either Naumburg or Ingolstadt.

Nice example. I missed it too. Lucky buyer.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

Great pickup David. That's a nice one. I have several Carcanos with sewn on canvas or web slings.

I was watching that one and missed out due to no internet near the close of auction. Still mad about it...! Great rifle.
    Pat
    For My Fallen Brothers:
    WW 2001
    WS 2004
    MD 2009
    JH 2009
    ER 2009
    DS 2009
    DN 2009
    WB 2014

Never Forgotten.

I was the 2nd highest bidder, didn't win it :(

David

I'm just shocked that AAFIRE was actually outbid. It's a neat one- the reason the bolt is blued is probably because of the Innsbruck connection- I doubt this one was one of the Volkssturm rifles, it was probably repaired earlier in the war.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Have an M38 Gardone 1942 carbine with blued bolt, same depot stamp and same letter K. Found with Luftwaffe breadbag strap fitted. 8 other Beute Carcanos (including 3 Krieghoff conversions) have normal (unblued) bolts, no letter of any sort. Perhaps characteristic of Innsbruck?
    As far as oddball slings go, have a 91/28 TS with an Army breadbag sling sewn on (snaphooks removed) and an M41 found with a Party Sam Browne shoulder strap as sling, and have seen a number with K98k slings fitted.
    Last edited by WaPrüf2; 12-25-2013 at 12:23 AM.