Third Party Press

Italian Carcano 91/28 TS Carbine HNZa

Franchi

I don't recall seeing a Carcano with a German blued bolt before, like they did on other German used rifles. I also like the sling. Also note the letter stamped behind the trigger guard.
David
------
Auction Link
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=378794560
------
pix410125566.jpg

pix171191244.jpg

pix139364500.jpg

pix007302652.jpg

How did I miss that one? I've never seen a Carcano with a blued bolt either, but this is the first Innsbruck I've seen. Most are either Naumburg or Ingolstadt.

Great pickup David. That's a nice one. I have several Carcanos with sewn on canvas or web slings.

I was watching that one and missed out due to no internet near the close of auction. Still mad about it...! Great rifle.
Pat

I'm just shocked that AAFIRE was actually outbid. It's a neat one- the reason the bolt is blued is probably because of the Innsbruck connection- I doubt this one was one of the Volkssturm rifles, it was probably repaired earlier in the war.

Have an M38 Gardone 1942 carbine with blued bolt, same depot stamp and same letter K. Found with Luftwaffe breadbag strap fitted. 8 other Beute Carcanos (including 3 Krieghoff conversions) have normal (unblued) bolts, no letter of any sort. Perhaps characteristic of Innsbruck?
As far as oddball slings go, have a 91/28 TS with an Army breadbag sling sewn on (snaphooks removed) and an M41 found with a Party Sam Browne shoulder strap as sling, and have seen a number with K98k slings fitted.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back