Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mint bnz 45...

Default mint bnz 45...

After a horrible Maxx show where everything went wrong, I didn't have much hope for an auction I attended today that had one 98k that a friend told me about. It was the only rifle being auctioned. Everybody knows how these things go. Bad rifles fetching big prices with bidders who have no idea. I went to look at the gun a month ago. A stone mint S block with cosmolene caked on parts and filling the bore. They told me they didn't usually handle guns. I am feeling good. Then they switch the auction from one week to another....I can see the dark cloud hovering. I look last nite at auction pics and do not see the rifle....Maybe good as no one but me will know it is there..

Today I get there and there are only about 25 people bidding. Auction starts at 8, gun should go around ten. I see two guys pick up MY GUN. I immediately curse them... Finally they get to the gun. Nobody starts at $75....it goes down to $25..I start...me and some guy behind me who doesn't look real interested. We go in 2 dollar increments. I look back at him and smile. He defers to me...it is mine...My god the lowest price Mauser or gun I have ever bought...I could have paid with change.... When they put it in my lap I almost cried like a school girl..

There is hope for rifles not costing in Thousands..it just took me 25 years to finally do it.
    I know they are common so I won't post many pics unless somebody really wants to see it. Triggerguard and floorplate marked byf.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jack944; 10-04-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Please post pics, I love hearing about these kind of deals, Great work, lady luck was on your side. GR

Talking bnz

Wow, good for you..Do some more photos please..the Bnz-45 is really offset on that one.

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?

Lets see the BNZ45 , Everyone is different and that one looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great score.. Good things come to all who wait.....BILL

Default Nice to meet you

Quote Originally Posted by bill grist View Post
    Great score.. Good things come to all who wait.....BILL
    Bill,

It was nice to meet you at the MAXX. Hopefully you did better than I did.

Thats a great bnz and you can't beat the price. Now go out and buy a lotto ticket before the mojo is gone.

Default Thanks for all the positive comments

I will take some pics with my real camera tomorrow and post. IPhone pics aren't too bad for quick looks.

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2 bruce98k's Avatar

Default bnz45

Hey everyone gets a lifetime deal at least once!

Great score and yes post pics. Makes up for losing that jhv44 from that dealer.

Well done Jack, congrats. Load up some added detail pics and we'll pic sticky for ref.