Third Party Press

mint bnz 45...

jack944

After a horrible Maxx show where everything went wrong, I didn't have much hope for an auction I attended today that had one 98k that a friend told me about. It was the only rifle being auctioned. Everybody knows how these things go. Bad rifles fetching big prices with bidders who have no idea. I went to look at the gun a month ago. A stone mint S block with cosmolene caked on parts and filling the bore. They told me they didn't usually handle guns. I am feeling good. Then they switch the auction from one week to another....I can see the dark cloud hovering. I look last nite at auction pics and do not see the rifle....Maybe good as no one but me will know it is there..

Today I get there and there are only about 25 people bidding. Auction starts at 8, gun should go around ten. I see two guys pick up MY GUN. I immediately curse them...:moon: Finally they get to the gun. Nobody starts at $75....it goes down to $25..I start...me and some guy behind me who doesn't look real interested. We go in 2 dollar increments. I look back at him and smile. He defers to me...it is mine...My god the lowest price Mauser or gun I have ever bought...I could have paid with change....:biggrin1: When they put it in my lap I almost cried like a school girl..:):faint:

There is hope for rifles not costing in Thousands..it just took me 25 years to finally do it.
I know they are common so I won't post many pics unless somebody really wants to see it. Triggerguard and floorplate marked byf.

Attachments

• bnz.jpg
    bnz.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 478
  • bnz2.jpg
    bnz2.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 361
  • bnz3.jpg
    bnz3.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Please post pics, I love hearing about these kind of deals, Great work, lady luck was on your side. GR

Lets see the BNZ45 , Everyone is different and that one looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a great bnz and you can't beat the price. Now go out and buy a lotto ticket before the mojo is gone.

Thanks for all the positive comments

I will take some pics with my real camera tomorrow and post. IPhone pics aren't too bad for quick looks.

bnz45

Hey everyone gets a lifetime deal at least once!

Great score and yes post pics. Makes up for losing that jhv44 from that dealer.

Well done Jack, congrats. Load up some added detail pics and we'll pic sticky for ref.

Yeah, I concur, that is a beauty....great score!

ETA Please do post more pics, its always a treat to see a nice rifle!

Pics as requested

More pics. In these S blocks you see all kinds of stuff...factory errors(see pic 5)..missed marks. I love them.

Attachments

• img_7545m.jpg
    img_7545m.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 250
  • img_7546m.jpg
    img_7546m.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 225
  • img_7547m.jpg
    img_7547m.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 261
  • img_7548m.jpg
    img_7548m.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 240
  • img_7550m.jpg
    img_7550m.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Even more

Pics. Note cosmolene still in crevices of parts and barrel. When I first saw the gun it had a padded gauze wrapping around the end of the barrel.

Attachments

• img_7551m.jpg
    img_7551m.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 128
  • img_7553m.jpg
    img_7553m.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 142
  • img_7554m.jpg
    img_7554m.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 135
  • img_7555m.jpg
    img_7555m.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 148
  • img_7557m.jpg
    img_7557m.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 153
  • img_7559m.jpg
    img_7559m.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 166
Bnz

wow, Thanks for up-dating the photos!! Now the million dollar question.
Do you want to double you're money??? :laugh:

Wide pic w/new blanket

After a lot of grief from my "friends" on the forum here, I decided to purchase an army blanket weekend this weekend. I want my guns to fit into the de facto forum approved background. One more pic of this gun with wide shot and new blanket.:biggrin1:

In case anyone is interested in the blanket...it is a 52 dated medical blanket. I can take better shots of blanket if requested. :laugh:

Attachments

• img_7639m.jpg
    img_7639m.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 139
That's a once in a lifetime find in that condition, its absolutley lovely! For that price a miracle! Thanks for the pics.

Forgot one...

Somebody asked me to post an additional pic.. had it but just forgot to post it.

Attachments

• img_7549m.jpg
    img_7549m.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 142

Military Rifle Journal
Back