Third Party Press

Late War DOU. 44

EasyEight

Finally got around to taking pics of my first 98k.
From the research i've done this appears to be a Semi-Kriegsmodell?
All matching, some parts don't have any numbers or marks on them at all like the wood and buttplate, even the barrel bands don't have any marks.
Maybe you guys could tell me a bit about what i've got here.

This example is missing the rear band screw, so far impossible to find anywhere.

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg09.jpg10.jpg

Looks like the firing pin has been renumbered i could be wrong , why the se number on the barrel?

It looks great

Last edited:
This example is missing the rear band screw, so far impossible to find anywhere.

Shoot member Titan a PM. He did have front and rear NEW made KM band screws. New made from originals, not cheap but what else are you going to do? i bought 2 sets from him a while back. Nice rifle too !!

Bjarne, I believe dou44 rifles switched from the receiver serial to barrel mid year. I'm not sure the letter block but after e block, but before ee. Hahahah broad range I know. I'm on my cell and no access to my info right now.

Firing pin does look curious but it's a great looking rifle.

Another screw option is finding a vz screw and cutting a slot yourself. Haha at least it would be and original screw.

Band screw

Bjarne, I believe dou44 rifles switched from the receiver serial to barrel mid year. I'm not sure the letter block but after e block, but before ee. Hahahah broad range I know. I'm on my cell and no access to my info right now.

Firing pin does look curious but it's a great looking rifle.

Another screw option is finding a vz screw and cutting a slot yourself. Haha at least it would be and original screw.
I was going to say the same thing, you can find those vz stock disc screws on fleabay, and cut the slot as canadianAR said, nice rifle. Gunnut.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments! This is easily my favorite of all my c&r firearms. I've loved k98's since i was a kid. I think i'd rather leave this little gem in the most original condition as possible, if i can find an original screw or repro i'll do it of course.

Finally got around to taking pics of my first 98k.
From the research i've done this appears to be a Semi-Kriegsmodell?
All matching, some parts don't have any numbers or marks on them at all like the wood and buttplate, even the barrel bands don't have any marks.
Maybe you guys could tell me a bit about what i've got here.

View attachment 67467View attachment 67468View attachment 67469View attachment 67470View attachment 67471View attachment 67472View attachment 67473View attachment 67474View attachment 67475View attachment 67476
That's a REALLY nice looking rifle. It appears to be all correct. My gg block range dou has a byf / single proof trigger guard.

Military Rifle Journal
Back