Third Party Press

SS standard bearers gorget

ClintJ

Found this locally last year along with a luftwaffe boot knife.

Attachments

• parts 263.jpg
    parts 263.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 81
  • parts 264.jpg
    parts 264.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 42
  • parts 265.jpg
    parts 265.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 36
  • parts 266.jpg
    parts 266.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 44
  • parts 267.jpg
    parts 267.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 37
  • parts 269.jpg
    parts 269.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 52
  • parts 277.jpg
    parts 277.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 33
  • parts 278.jpg
    parts 278.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 35
  • parts 272.jpg
    parts 272.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I guess these are common and not worth discussing. Any one have one in better shape to compare?

SORRY, I don't like to comment on items Im not qualified to. It looks real but, It's not my place to say.

SORRY, I don't like to comment on items Im not qualified to. It looks real but, It's not my place to say.
I'm pretty sure it's real. It came out of a box of bringback stuff from a local vet's family. I've already moved it so my feelings will not be hurt one way or another. Just figured I would post it for others to enjoy and perhaps glean knowledge from for comparison should another one pop up.

Looks very cool, and rare, but I'm unqualified to opine. I can render an opinion on that LZAmt 5 or 6 knife. It looks cool too :thumbsup:

Yes I agree, completely authentic and has a new home since Tulsa show!
There you are buddy! Glad to see you here! The man with balls of steel lol. Everybody in that building was scared to death of that thing. I am very happy with the P35. Should have held out for the tangent but I like later stuff anyways. Need pics of it in it's new home!

Looks very cool, and rare, but I'm unqualified to opine. I can render an opinion on that LZAmt 5 or 6 knife. It looks cool too :thumbsup:

It is a 5. I don't think I could ever bring myself to part with this boot knife. I know they're common and compared to the gorget a dime a dozen but this knife just speaks to me.

Gorget

No problems at all dealing with Clint, worked out a trade with inspection period, absolutely no difficulties!

There you are buddy! Glad to see you here! The man with balls of steel lol. Everybody in that building was scared to death of that thing. I am very happy with the P35. Should have held out for the tangent but I like later stuff anyways. Need pics of it in it's new home!

A gorgeous gorget! It speaks to me! I think collectors are scared because they are involved in a hobby they don't really understand. Something may look good to them, but they may have been burned in the past by well crafted fakes, so they find their solace in COA's and in reference books. They depend on others to authenticate for them.

Its like my metal SS gate shield. It looks good, but everyone is afraid of it. One dealer told me that no such thing was ever made during the TR era. Another dealer wanted 'paper work'. A collector told me that even if its real, it might as well be fake because nobody would ever believe it.

This is the kind of nonsense that permeates our hobby.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back