Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: svw45

Default svw45

Well, this is by far the highlight of my collection, so bear with me on all the pics. I've had this for a while now but am finally getting the hang of taking good pics and I didn't want to post it up until I could show it's true condition and beauty.

It's all matching of course and mostly phosphate except for the e/135 marked ejector box, front tg screw, sight spring, sight slider lock, and follower.

The wood has awesome chatter and nice crisp WaA135's on the side and keel. The wrist is a little harder to make out but still very nice. I also tried to capture the famous MO "hump" in the bolt cutout as it is really high on this example.

Everything is either e/135 or WR marked except for the sight leaf which is e/18.

zrwm.jpgrz3m.jpgpul8.jpgaf2u.jpg86t7.jpgqcff.jpgxbas.jpgewit.jpgk4zy.jpg6m0s.jpg01er.jpg2a72.jpg7cr1.jpgg41j.jpg5e41.jpgendv.jpge27k.jpgri0cn.jpgmbbt.jpg
    WTB: Rough milled, blued, unnumbered floor plate as found on late MO rifles. Unnumbered MO bands, both KM and standard type, MO KM stocks including an unaccepted one, MO bands and stock 5897, upper band 0643

WTB: Rough milled, blued, unnumbered floor plate as found on late MO rifles. Unnumbered MO bands, both KM and standard type, MO KM stocks including an unaccepted one, MO bands and stock 5897, upper band 0643

Wow, great gun! I love svw45's, they are just about the rarest Mauser made product by numbers made, and aren't easy to find in this condition. Your photo skills are really coming along! Its nice to see you take the time and effort to learn that skill, it makes everyone's enjoyment of your find that much better. Pic Stickied!
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Man I can see why this one is a prized part of your collection! Awesome piece of history. There looks to be rough rasp marks on the left side behind the rear sling band where they shaped the stock to the hand guard. I like it big time.

Also great photos by the way! What kind of setup are you using if I might ask?
    Life is full of fake people. Before you decide to judge them make sure you are not one of them.

Just an outstanding piece!! As already mentioned, good pics too! Im sad that one is forever lost in the frozen white north

Really nice rifle and great pics. Lighting is the hardest thing to get right without having equipment.

Awesome rifle and great job on the pics! I really like the phosphate finish.

That is a treasure. Wonderful piece of history with appealing crudeness. Thanks for sharing it with those nice photos.

Weren't the band screw heads double-holed spanner-types and not slotted? Or were both used?

I've a friend with an all matching svw45 I've been after for five years. He's an SKS guy, not really Mausers. I've got dibs on it at some point in the far future...

T.
    Last edited by plymouthmauser; 01-30-2014 at 12:04 AM. Reason: more
    The Universe is Change, Life is Opinion. Emperor Marcus Aurelius, A.D. 173
    Bun-San 2009-2017

Beautiful rifle, love that stock and phosphate with a few blued parts, very good looking gun. Gunnut