Third Party Press

svw45

jbmauser

Senior Member Eh
Well, this is by far the highlight of my collection, so bear with me on all the pics. I've had this for a while now but am finally getting the hang of taking good pics and I didn't want to post it up until I could show it's true condition and beauty.

It's all matching of course and mostly phosphate except for the e/135 marked ejector box, front tg screw, sight spring, sight slider lock, and follower.

The wood has awesome chatter and nice crisp WaA135's on the side and keel. The wrist is a little harder to make out but still very nice. I also tried to capture the famous MO "hump" in the bolt cutout as it is really high on this example.

Everything is either e/135 or WR marked except for the sight leaf which is e/18.

zrwm.jpgrz3m.jpgpul8.jpgaf2u.jpg86t7.jpgqcff.jpgxbas.jpgewit.jpgk4zy.jpg6m0s.jpg01er.jpg2a72.jpg7cr1.jpgg41j.jpg5e41.jpgendv.jpge27k.jpgri0cn.jpgmbbt.jpg

Wow, great gun! I love svw45's, they are just about the rarest Mauser made product by numbers made, and aren't easy to find in this condition. Your photo skills are really coming along! Its nice to see you take the time and effort to learn that skill, it makes everyone's enjoyment of your find that much better. Pic Stickied!

Man I can see why this one is a prized part of your collection! Awesome piece of history. There looks to be rough rasp marks on the left side behind the rear sling band where they shaped the stock to the hand guard. I like it big time.

Also great photos by the way! What kind of setup are you using if I might ask?

Just an outstanding piece!! As already mentioned, good pics too! Im sad that one is forever lost in the frozen white north :biggrin1:

Really nice rifle and great pics. Lighting is the hardest thing to get right without having equipment.

Weren't the band screw heads double-holed spanner-types and not slotted? Or were both used?

I've a friend with an all matching svw45 I've been after for five years. He's an SKS guy, not really Mausers. I've got dibs on it at some point in the far future...

T.

Last edited:
Beautiful rifle, love that stock and phosphate with a few blued parts, very good looking gun. Gunnut

Great gun Jeremy.

Between myself, Jeremy and about 3 other canadians, we have locked up a few nice ones, but with your dollar coming up, it will be harder.

As mentioned many times a superb rifle and photos. The condition is tops.:thumbsup: You don't see too many like that. I am just happy to have the svw45 bolt miss-match I bought from Bruce a couple years ago.
Mike

Awesome gun! Really an outstanding example...

Farb (or anyone who knows), which are scarcer....svw 45's or svwMB's?

It is my understanding that the svw45's are the harder to come by than the MB's.

Thanks for the compliments and comments everyone! Much appreciated!

Beautiful photography and a great gun there jb!!! That chatter on the stock is as distinct as any late Japanese Type 99! Thanks for sharing.

You've got a lot of great mausers, but this one is easily the best. It's at least my favorite. Good luck topping it!

Military Rifle Journal
Back