Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bnz45 r block odd size laminate

Default bnz45 r block odd size laminate

Picked this up from Dave Roberts, sort of. I basically made him sell it to me since he doesn't collect 45 dated stuff and I do. He found this at a Cabela's (same place as the K date that sold from there). I had someone email me about it a few weeks before Dave found it and he said it had sold, but Dave bought it a week after that guy emailed me last so not sure if they just pulled it from the shelves? I'm lucky to have gotten it!

I've had a restoration as my example of odd size laminate, they are pretty hard to find in collectible condition (meaning not sanded or dicked with). This one fits the bill, basically a new condition gun. The stock has one place above the bolt where its missing some wood which really seems to exemplify they weakness of the thick section of wood in the laminate. This one still has the well finished gas shield (some r blocks have the rough one). No phosphate at all on this rifle which is another trait you often see on r block bnz45's. Here are a few photos for reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Very nice! The bolt knob has a cool spiral machining to it. I had an odd size stock and I can see why they probably weren't used much, many spots of chipping and delamed wood, but it does make for a cool oddity.

Another nice one Mike! I really like the odd size laminate wood. An interesting variation for sure.
    WTB: Rough milled, blued, unnumbered floor plate as found on late MO rifles. Unnumbered MO bands, both KM and standard type, MO KM stocks including an unaccepted one, MO bands and stock 5897, upper band 0643

Honestly, it looks like it was built yesterday. Very nice rifle Mike!

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?

The Heck You got it from me , This is all I got to see was Pics from store and Now from You . Thats the real killer . Never even got to hold it before it went to You . Damn You & Your Late War stuff. Now that all the Guys know what not to show You .
    I have to say it really is a nice looking Example . Only wish I could have got my mitts on it Best Regards

WOW! Great bnz Mike. As if it came from Cabelas.... lol
    Looking for 10" cleaning rod, early style e/214 #91, nazi style e/26 #04

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAR View Post
    WOW! Great bnz Mike. As if it came from Cabelas.... lol
    I know, right? Cabela's- the perfect place for your heirs to dump your collection.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Default Very nice.............

Look at that poor steel quality
    98K Collector

Very nice!!!

**--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    **Wanted - Original un-dicked with late Steyr (bnz45) stock... Long shot but......
    ** --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice to see some late war action! This is a really beautiful odd-odd size with a lot going for it. Really early - mike is it the earliest pinstripe you've seen? Mine are in the S block and that seems more typical I think this is the only R I've seen. And let's not forget there's not a lot of R blocks around to start with. agree the earlier all blue bnz 45's kinda stand out, plus you gotta love the earlier TG with the lock screw holes left unused. I'm sure they're untapped too. The wood just has that great, completely untouched look. Really nice!