Third Party Press

WWII ZF4 dow side by side with Meopta Repro-by Meopta

agentcq

After my surgery, I finally had the energy to get up and do some work. I posted this thread on another site, but I just want to share the info.
This thread will include pictures of an original DOW (Czech captured – Lined out) side by side to a repro ZF4 made by Meopta and imported by Frankonia. Cost 600 Euro’s, so about $600 US and four weeks wait, no extra duty/taxes paid upon receipt.

There are differences, despite coming out of the same factory and this comparison provides an interesting look at 65 years of progress. The optics on the new Meopta…very clear! Sadly, I won’t have the health to do a range report any time soon.

The new repro scope came with a wooden ZF4 box, sun shield, rubber eye cup and cleaning cloth and a three year warrantee.

The original dow came with a repro ZF4 mount and I have since bought a repro rubber eye cup and covers with the wooden dowel. I got the scope with an AC G43 sniper clone. Interesting is that for a Czech ZF4 it is lined out with an electro-pencil and it does not have the Czech Lion. However, Darrin Weaver assured me that the scope is authentic and a Czech capture.

Attachments

• IMG_zf4_Lside.jpg
    IMG_zf4_Lside.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_zf4_Lsidezoom.jpg
    IMG_zf4_Lsidezoom.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_zf4_topcap.jpg
    IMG_zf4_topcap.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_z4_Rside.jpg
    IMG_z4_Rside.jpg