Third Party Press

MP 38 Matching, unmolested

Oh man, ajs, that is an outstanding MP.38, one of the nicest I've seen, and matching. Pic stickied for ref. Thanks for posting it. :happy0180:

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 120
Thankyou for the kind words,great photos Ham of a bunch of Anzacs? with a captured MP 40.Does anyone know how many Haenel MP 38s were made and when,Info is hard to find.
Alister
PS Here is a Photo of the original slingmp 38 005.jpg

Thankyou for the kind words,great photos Ham of a bunch of Anzacs? with a captured MP 40.Does anyone know how many Haenel MP 38s were made and when,Info is hard to find.
Alister

Anzacs indeed Alister. I'm a big fan of their work in North Africa ;) That's probably the coolest MP.38 I've ever seen. They don't turn up matching here much.

What's very cool about this one is it looks like the barrel nut washer still has its original factory staking, thus the barrel and receiver have not been detached. Most MP.40s were taken down and diddled with, particularly the barrel was removed from the receiver to make a small package to smuggle home. It is rare to find one still together and not taken apart.

Last edited:
nice..

Al, its great to see you posting some of your amazing stuff here. I had come to know him by selling his some items.. He sent me privately a couple snaps of his m.g. collection. Stuff to die for. I hope you share more !!! New Zealand is very m.g. friendly and it sounds like a great place to live... Do you adopt ?? I could use a new home.:happy0180:

Phenomenal example - very nice to see, any MP38 is a rarity, a matching one like yours, lovely.

I like the story, too!

Thanks!

Military Rifle Journal
Back