Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: STOLEN from SOS

Default STOLEN from SOS

This G43 mount and scope was stolen from a buddy of mine that had a table right behind ours. He was at the table at the time but was preoccupied. The item was in a glass case but the lid was lifted up. It was taken approximately 11:00am on Thursday, February 27th. This is the day only dealers are allowed in the hall. We feel this item was "targeted" because it was a more diffecult to find 359 Square "Unnumbered" mount and next to another numbered mount. If any of you collectors out there come across this mount/scope please contact me. This item does have a police report on it. Unlike the photos, the scope did have original dial cap and lens covers on it at the time it was taken. Thanks-
    Attached Images Attached Images

That sucks, especially when it must have been a dealer...

You gotta watch the tag team guys, they see a table with one set of eyes, one will distract the guy with questions, while the other grabs the item and goes....

Damn, I hate theives.

KJ
    "Was wären Ihre Männer lieber, müde oder tot?" - Rommel

"Und als es das vierte Siegel auftat, hörte ich die Stimme der vierten Gestalt sagen: Komm! Und ich sah, und siehe, ein fahles Pferd. Und der darauf saß, dessen Name war: Der Tod, und die Hölle folgte ihm nach."

What a shame. Will keep a lookout for it.

That absolutely is a total SHAME! What does something like that go for? I had no idea there were those that were not numbered.

No doubt someone knew what they were swiping, that is a spectacular un-numbered mount and a nice early DOW scope. I've never seen a square mount un-numbered before. There is an inclusion or slight blemish on the left front vertical scope support. Let's hope the thief is stupid enough to try and sell it or put it on a rifle and post it in an auction. Keep your eyes open everyone!
    Life is full of fake people. Before you decide to judge them make sure you are not one of them.

I'm assuming the facility has no cameras in the Expo hall...?

Bad enough you gotta watch John Q Public like a hawk...when you have to watch the dealers it is worse because they have unfettered access to a restricted area....fukkers.

Quote Originally Posted by agalland View Post
    I'm assuming the facility has no cameras in the Expo hall...?
    Bad enough you gotta watch John Q Public like a hawk...when you have to watch the dealers it is worse because they have unfettered access to a restricted area....fukkers.
    The hall did have cameras and security was using them, however, they were not recording. So, security would have had to be looking right at the act of the theft to see it. FAT CHANCE.

That's disgusting. Stickied. I hope the owner gets his rig back.

Quote Originally Posted by LTCar2 View Post
    The hall did have cameras and security was using them, however, they were not recording. .
    That makes absolutley no sense...?

All camera systems use the DVR/NVR as the video processor and you can view differnent cameras individually and simutaneously all while the dvr is recording.. as a mattter of fact virtually all newer recorders start to record as soon as you power them up by default...hell you can even review recorded footage while the dvr is simultaneously recording new footage.

You can stop the recording ,but there is almost no reason to do so unless it is an older model and you need to in order to review previous footage...lot of good having the cameras did them if that is how they are using them.

Damn shame..