Third Party Press

STOLEN from SOS

LTCar2

This G43 mount and scope was stolen from a buddy of mine that had a table right behind ours. He was at the table at the time but was preoccupied. The item was in a glass case but the lid was lifted up. It was taken approximately 11:00am on Thursday, February 27th. This is the day only dealers are allowed in the hall. We feel this item was "targeted" because it was a more diffecult to find 359 Square "Unnumbered" mount and next to another numbered mount. If any of you collectors out there come across this mount/scope please contact me. This item does have a police report on it. Unlike the photos, the scope did have original dial cap and lens covers on it at the time it was taken. Thanks-

Attachments

• IMG_5149.jpg
    IMG_5149.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_5150.jpg
    IMG_5150.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 350
  • !cid_X_MA7_1393902716@aol.jpg
    !cid_X_MA7_1393902716@aol.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 365
  • !cid_X_MA9_1393902716@aol.jpg
    !cid_X_MA9_1393902716@aol.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 362
That sucks, especially when it must have been a dealer...

You gotta watch the tag team guys, they see a table with one set of eyes, one will distract the guy with questions, while the other grabs the item and goes....

That absolutely is a total SHAME! What does something like that go for? I had no idea there were those that were not numbered.

No doubt someone knew what they were swiping, that is a spectacular un-numbered mount and a nice early DOW scope. I've never seen a square mount un-numbered before. There is an inclusion or slight blemish on the left front vertical scope support. Let's hope the thief is stupid enough to try and sell it or put it on a rifle and post it in an auction. Keep your eyes open everyone!

I'm assuming the facility has no cameras in the Expo hall...?

Bad enough you gotta watch John Q Public like a hawk...when you have to watch the dealers it is worse because they have unfettered access to a restricted area....fukkers.

I'm assuming the facility has no cameras in the Expo hall...?

Bad enough you gotta watch John Q Public like a hawk...when you have to watch the dealers it is worse because they have unfettered access to a restricted area....fukkers.

The hall did have cameras and security was using them, however, they were not recording. So, security would have had to be looking right at the act of the theft to see it. FAT CHANCE.

The hall did have cameras and security was using them, however, they were not recording. .

That makes absolutley no sense...?

All camera systems use the DVR/NVR as the video processor and you can view differnent cameras individually and simutaneously all while the dvr is recording.. as a mattter of fact virtually all newer recorders start to record as soon as you power them up by default...hell you can even review recorded footage while the dvr is simultaneously recording new footage.

You can stop the recording ,but there is almost no reason to do so unless it is an older model and you need to in order to review previous footage...lot of good having the cameras did them if that is how they are using them.

Damn shame..

The kind of thing that can really sour you to this hobby. Can not suffer a thief. Seems to happen year after year at these big shows which bring out the predator thieves who sadly know exactly what they are doing.

Unnumbered mounts are killer hard to find especially 214 marked but these 359 are almost as rare. Hope your piece can be recovered .....

No doubt someone knew what they were swiping, that is a spectacular un-numbered mount and a nice early DOW scope. I've never seen a square mount un-numbered before. There is an inclusion or slight blemish on the left front vertical scope support. Let's hope the thief is stupid enough to try and sell it or put it on a rifle and post it in an auction. Keep your eyes open everyone!

Unfortunately, we also feel a possible reason it was targeted was that the thieves would "force number" the mount to a rifle. The mount does have some specific characteristics as mentioned by gerg.

Ham- Thanks for the sticky.

Basically anyone can get a table and their buddies can get passes to get in during setup. We always did this. It's not that expensive to have a real, recorded security system and its quite cheap and negligent for the venue to host gun shows without it. Whomever did that is a scumbag of high order and deserves felony conviction and punishment which would take them out of firearm collecting.

LTcar, good point, this mount will probably end up having some crappy numbers stamped into it!

Stolen Mount

SAD. This hobby sure does attract some dirtbags.

Boy !! Wilhelm,,Hit the nail on the head,,Now here's a story that goes back several years that I was involved in..A real shite bird/dirt bag--That's on this forum,He Lived on the East Coast back then,I do not want to mention names,He Tried to pull a slick one on a guy from Calif.As we were both bidding on the same scope and mount rig,,He won it,,And after he received it he sent it back to the seller for some stupid reason..I had already filed pictures of that mount,,Well the owner got a hold of me since I was the 2nd highest bidder on that rig,I took it and once it was in my hands(nice rig)--I compared it to my file pictures,,Now get this-The shite bird/dirt bag had changed the compression lever for a nice repro,,Now my friend who is a top dog for the USPS criminal investigations ,,Told me to get a hold of the seller have him open a claim(mail fraud) Against the shite bird/dirt bag..But first give the shite bird/dirt bag a little wiggle room to come loose with the original lever,,,Which we did--Sure enough,The shite bird/dirt bag laid it on his so call"expert"--Saying that the "Expert" must have taken it all apart to make sure it was 100% original,And by mistake just happened to put a REPRO that was on his work bench,Now we all know if your really into G/K-43s and the scopes and mounts for such--You do not have to tear a mount down to see if its correct,,I know what a real compression lever looks like as verses a repro..Now I also had another guy who is also on this forum do a flip on a compression lever on the mount that I bought from him,,,He knows who he is,As all the pictures that I did receive from him,,There were not any good ones of the compression lever...So now--Here is what I say,,Be ware of all deals that are not done face to face and regretfully so There are the same types on this forum,,Put a small mark so you know your gear,,These Dirt bags/shite Birds only look out for them self,,As others are just pawns in the dirty games they play when it comes to honesty & MONEY $$$---Enough said--Just know what you buy,Who you deal with,Most collectors are honest,,But as you know,There are the DIRT BAGS/shite BIRDS in any group

Military Rifle Journal
Back