Third Party Press
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: STOLEN from SOS

The kind of thing that can really sour you to this hobby. Can not suffer a thief. Seems to happen year after year at these big shows which bring out the predator thieves who sadly know exactly what they are doing.

Unnumbered mounts are killer hard to find especially 214 marked but these 359 are almost as rare. Hope your piece can be recovered .....

You guys keep saying dealer but Thursday was open to members as well..

**--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    **Wanted - Original un-dicked with late Steyr (bnz45) stock... Long shot but......
    ** --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Archie View Post
    You guys keep saying dealer but Thursday was open to members as well..

This is true,but it is dealer set-up only until 12:30..that is when OVMS memebers can come in.
    Last edited by agalland; 03-05-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gergnotwen View Post
    No doubt someone knew what they were swiping, that is a spectacular un-numbered mount and a nice early DOW scope. I've never seen a square mount un-numbered before. There is an inclusion or slight blemish on the left front vertical scope support. Let's hope the thief is stupid enough to try and sell it or put it on a rifle and post it in an auction. Keep your eyes open everyone!
    Unfortunately, we also feel a possible reason it was targeted was that the thieves would "force number" the mount to a rifle. The mount does have some specific characteristics as mentioned by gerg.

Ham- Thanks for the sticky.

Basically anyone can get a table and their buddies can get passes to get in during setup. We always did this. It's not that expensive to have a real, recorded security system and its quite cheap and negligent for the venue to host gun shows without it. Whomever did that is a scumbag of high order and deserves felony conviction and punishment which would take them out of firearm collecting.

LTcar, good point, this mount will probably end up having some crappy numbers stamped into it!

As i stated on another forum, could have been taken by a foreigner and it will never be found
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - LOCK & LOAD

ooohhh
    So, is this helmet real or fake? I can't say for certain. I deal in probabilities and possibilities. I examine all of the individual fine details and come to an overall conclusion. - M45
    Waaaait a minute.... is it possible that fakers are using period photos of exotic camos as templates to create their own exotic freshies, then pointing to period photos to justify them ?? -M45

SAD. This hobby sure does attract some dirtbags.
    Some P38 "experts" are yo-yo's who, for some reason lost on me, can't or won't accept the truth when it's staring them in the face.

Default Stolen Mount

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    SAD. This hobby sure does attract some dirtbags.
    Boy !! Wilhelm,,Hit the nail on the head,,Now here's a story that goes back several years that I was involved in..A real shit bird/dirt bag--That's on this forum,He Lived on the East Coast back then,I do not want to mention names,He Tried to pull a slick one on a guy from Calif.As we were both bidding on the same scope and mount rig,,He won it,,And after he received it he sent it back to the seller for some stupid reason..I had already filed pictures of that mount,,Well the owner got a hold of me since I was the 2nd highest bidder on that rig,I took it and once it was in my hands(nice rig)--I compared it to my file pictures,,Now get this-The shit bird/dirt bag had changed the compression lever for a nice repro,,Now my friend who is a top dog for the USPS criminal investigations ,,Told me to get a hold of the seller have him open a claim(mail fraud) Against the shit bird/dirt bag..But first give the shit bird/dirt bag a little wiggle room to come loose with the original lever,,,Which we did--Sure enough,The shit bird/dirt bag laid it on his so call"expert"--Saying that the "Expert" must have taken it all apart to make sure it was 100% original,And by mistake just happened to put a REPRO that was on his work bench,Now we all know if your really into G/K-43s and the scopes and mounts for such--You do not have to tear a mount down to see if its correct,,I know what a real compression lever looks like as verses a repro..Now I also had another guy who is also on this forum do a flip on a compression lever on the mount that I bought from him,,,He knows who he is,As all the pictures that I did receive from him,,There were not any good ones of the compression lever...So now--Here is what I say,,Be ware of all deals that are not done face to face and regretfully so There are the same types on this forum,,Put a small mark so you know your gear,,These Dirt bags/Shit Birds only look out for them self,,As others are just pawns in the dirty games they play when it comes to honesty & MONEY $$$---Enough said--Just know what you buy,Who you deal with,Most collectors are honest,,But as you know,There are the DIRT BAGS/SHIT BIRDS in any group