Third Party Press

M.40 Heer buzzard puke camo

Hambone

Community Organizer
Staff member
Looks a little odd, this soldat was no artiste. In hand it's a no-brainer original. Probably a very effective camo, though it looks like buzzards puked on it. Purportedly estate fresh, not previously in the collecting circuit.

Attachments

• M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (1).jpg
    M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (1).jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 157
  • M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (2).jpg
    M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (2).jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 105
  • M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (3).jpg
    M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (3).jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 93
  • M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (4).jpg
    M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (4).jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 123
  • M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (5).jpg
    M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (5).jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 78
  • M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (6).jpg
    M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (6).jpg
    283 KB · Views: 66
  • M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (7).jpg
    M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (7).jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 76
  • M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (8).jpg
    M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (8).jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 74
  • M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (9).jpg
    M.40 H Camo puke SE64 (9).jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Can., tks, it presents much better in person than in pictures. It doesn't look like it has as much wear or age as it really does in hand. Sometimes collecting "camos" is subjective, and this one I really liked right out the box. I'm pretty critical and go with my gut instinct and immediate reaction. In hand it was as favorable on this one as almost any I have.

Yeah, you've got to like it. In the end that's the most important.

Too bad it wasn't a few sizes bigger. Hahah I like bathtubs. Like the 68/61 I need for my melon. Lol

It sure is an ugly duckling but I to think it is an Original wartime camo helmet.

P

It sure is an ugly duckling but I to think it is an Original wartime camo helmet.
P

Yes, it is an ugly duck, but that is why I like it ;) If you look at the rear of the skirt, toward the left, that is where the "artists" thumb was. A normal thumb fits that spot perfect and that is where one would hold a helmet if one was slathering paint on a helmet. On the other side you can see a fingerprint or two in the paint. He just painted over his thumb and put the helmet down to dry ;). The "pattern" or sloshed on paint, fits perfectly with someone holding it like that and applying camo. The colors are right, the wear is, and the paint is age cracked and has broken away from the helmet. There are no brush strokes, it was not brush applied, but likely applied with a rag, and also dripped and slung on the helmet as well.

nice

Yes, it is an ugly duck, but that is why I like it ;) If you look at the rear of the skirt, toward the left, that is where the "artists" thumb was. A normal thumb fits that spot perfect and that is where one would hold a helmet if one was slathering paint on a helmet. On the other side you can see a fingerprint or two in the paint. He just painted over his thumb and put the helmet down to dry ;). The "pattern" or sloshed on paint, fits perfectly with someone holding it like that and applying camo. The colors are right, the wear is, and the paint is age cracked and has broken away from the helmet. There are no brush strokes, it was not brush applied, but likely applied with a rag, and also dripped and slung on the helmet as well.

As my dad would say.."it is so ugly it is endearing"... I imagine a german solider with a rag and kind of being an early Jackson Pollock. Nice lid that has the two wear spots I always look for to authenticate lids...:thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back