Third Party Press

Kar.98b Parts Database

Loewe

Moderator²
Staff member
When the 98b imports came in from Albania during the 1990's, it doubled the known 98b in this country, but more than that, they often came in thoroughly mismatched but with correct "98b" parts. One can suppose that when the Albanian's received them from the Soviets they were in an original state, not mismatched, but during service they developed this mix of parts and theoretically the right parts could be in this country, but only on different rifles from that batch.

Going from that assumption, knowing many collectors own these rifles, I will start and maintain a database on them. I will start with the one rifle I currently own, but if you have an Albanian imported 98b and are willing to help others match up their rifle or are seeking to find your rifles stock, post it and I will add it to this thread (doing so does not obligate you to any exchange):

Bolt assembly - 6720 Runner #15 #22 (see post for description)
Bolt - 1085 a Flynaked #8
Bolt body only - 8755 a Runner #6
Bolt assembly - 2979 d...complete matching Rockisle1903 #13
Bolt assembly - 7853 e MrFarb #4
Bolt assembly - 5336 f Runner #9 #22

Stock and buttplate, 4599 Runner-Frank Post #22
Stock - ser. 770 b 1927 dated Vintagescope #11

Front band: 6473 Flynaked #8
upper band, e/6, SN 1912 Frank-Runner #20
Upper band: sn, 9557, number cancelled by overstamping with sideways zeros, new number 9307. Post #22
Rear band: e81 serial 7861 Flynaked #12

Rear sight ramp: 2133 Flynaked #8
ebox complete numbered 39 and complete trigger numbered 39 Rockisle1903 #13

WTT-WTB:

Looking for serial: 9556 Flynaked #8
Looking for serial: any Simson parts serial number 890 or 90 Dugger93 #17
I will trade anything for equivalent parts numbered 1517 or 2189. Frank-Runner #22

Last edited:
Loewe,
I have a couple 98b bolt bodies, do you want that information as well, or just stocks?

It can be anything 98b related, it is a long shot regardless, but if one match occurs it will be worth it.

Kar 98b bolt and small parts...

I just picked up bolt number 2979 d...complete matching
ebox complete numbered 39 and complete trigger numbered 39

Loewe,

Picked up another 98b bolt. has the "dove" and e/6 on the underside of the bolt. It is all matching #6720, but all the bolt components appear to have been scrubbed and renumbered. Tomorrow I will photo it and you can decide if it should be listed.

Thanks Frank, I added it to the list, can't hurt as this is just an effort to connect collectors to potential matches, - probably slim chance at best, but if it reunites one rifle then its worth it!

Sure thing!

BTW, Dugger is working on restoring a Simson/1924, if you have any parts (890 - 90) that could help, he could use your help.

Correct bolt for a 98b

Do any of you fellows who had complete bolt assemblies in the past still have them?
I will soon take delivery on a 98b which has an early 1930’s bolt which I would like to replace with a Simson.

Many thanks.

Military Rifle Journal
Back